Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear,
I've found the front braken of my hypermotard from 2007 a bit spongy. The first time you brake, there is much less resistance in the lever, than the second time. Are there others who have the same problem?

Things i've done so far:
- Bleed the whole system (yes it's done properly, over and over again.)
- I can't find any leeks.
- I even replaced the master cylinder to a brembo from a streetfighter s.

You guys think it could be the brake lines itself?
Nothing else seems to work. Stil spongy feeling. It does brake alright and very good and hard, but feeling in the lever is very poor and unpredictable.

I have a master cylinder from a 1098 on my racebike and that is just the opposite, very firm and precise feeling in that one. So I can't see why this isn't the case on my HM

Greetings,

·
Registered
3 Posts
You have probably resolved this by now but I had the exact same issues on my 06 ninja 636. Every time I'd leave the bike for an extended period I'd get spongy feel in the front brake, no leaks and no other apparent issues. In my case was a small air leak at the master cylinder purge screw. It wouldn't leak oil out but somehow let air in over days/weeks and increase considerably lever travel. Replacing the screw and gentle use of lapping compound on the seat on the master cylinder resolved the issue. It may not be the same spot in your case but I'd suspect air ingress from somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts