Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting the delivery of my 1098 like many of you but would like to get a jump on some of the items I will need once it arrives. I am curious as to the hub size on the rear so I can purchase the right one to fit the 1098 rear wheel???? What stands allow the removal of the rear wheel? I have seen a wheel removal socket adapter and wonder what size I will need to fit the nuts on the rear wheel???? Lastly, do the front forks have a hollowed section at the lower tip which could be used as the prop point for the front lift so the wheel can be removed? Any help would be much appreciated....

thanks,
jeff :banghead:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, from sunny UK - not! Having seen the bike on Saturday, the axle is very big and very hollow......so any existing paddock stand should be good enough. Didn't check out the front end, but I can't see that it will not have the holes needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
karalunj said:
I am awaiting the delivery of my 1098 like many of you but would like to get a jump on some of the items I will need once it arrives. I am curious as to the hub size on the rear so I can purchase the right one to fit the 1098 rear wheel???? What stands allow the removal of the rear wheel? I have seen a wheel removal socket adapter and wonder what size I will need to fit the nuts on the rear wheel???? Lastly, do the front forks have a hollowed section at the lower tip which could be used as the prop point for the front lift so the wheel can be removed? Any help would be much appreciated....

thanks,
jeff :banghead:
If the rear axle is larger that the old 996, you might see if the MV Agusta stand will work. I know the MV's rear axle diameter was huge compared to the 996.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Jeff, I have had stands made for my 1098. The normal front stand works fine below the forks. The rear axle bore is 43mm so I had a stand made with a 42 X 200 shaft and this works perfectly. I used 2 sealed bearings in the shaft housing on the stand and I can run the bike at idle in first gear to lube the chain etc. Hope this helps, let me know if you want some pics. Robin

·
Registered
48 Posts
duc1098 said:
If the rear axle is larger that the old 996, you might see if the MV Agusta stand will work. I know the MV's rear axle diameter was huge compared to the 996.
the MV stand fits! The wheels on the 1098 S are identical to those on the F4-1000R. Except that on the Duc they come with a Marchesini sticker and on the MV with a Brembo sticker.

GreetZ

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rear stand options...

Robin,

I sent you a private message and don't know if you received it but I would love to see some pics, close ups if possible. I want to make my own stands and need to be able to work off both sides of the bike for tire removal.

Thanks in adavance,
Jeff

·
Registered
328 Posts
rapidrobin said:
Hi Jeff, I have had stands made for my 1098. The normal front stand works fine below the forks. The rear axle bore is 43mm so I had a stand made with a 42 X 200 shaft and this works perfectly. I used 2 sealed bearings in the shaft housing on the stand and I can run the bike at idle in first gear to lube the chain etc. Hope this helps, let me know if you want some pics. Robin
Could you post them here please? I would like to make some as well.

thanx.

CAG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys, I will be back from leave tomorrow and will send some pics. Did a run yesterday morning with some buddies, 520km over 6 mountain passes. 1098 superb. Robin

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you send pictures of stand to my email address?

Rapidrobin,

I appreciate any help you can give and wondered if you took and sent detailed pics of your stands? I am in need of measurments to the bottom of front forks and center of rear hub from the ground ? Anybody who has those measurments would be a great help to me. 30 days and counting for my baby to be mine...

thanks,
jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
1098 Wheels

Peet said:
the MV stand fits! The wheels on the 1098 S are identical to those on the F4-1000R. Except that on the Duc they come with a Marchesini sticker and on the MV with a Brembo sticker.

GreetZ
Have you actually tried the MV wheels on the 1098? I am very interested as we are trying to find 16.5 wheels for the 1098 and if the MV wheels fit it will make it easier to find the wheels.

Does anyone know if someone has tried 16.5 yet on a 1098? Concerns are the clearance to the siwngarm and getting the calipers on and off for the front with the larger rotors.

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts