Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nope but why does he say it doesn't fit 1098/1198's when a 1098 is pictured?.

is that a 848 with 1098 fairings?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that too but it specifies it's only for the smaller hubs. Maybe just to show what they look like?? Unless you can change out the pins and they offer the larger pin.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I noticed that too but it specifies it's only for the smaller hubs. Maybe just to show what they look like?? Unless you can change out the pins and they offer the larger pin.

Good point, didn't think of that.
I was thinking pins too. but you would think he would of stated that. Fits more bike models so more buyers for the 10 units he has.

slomo stand looks pretty good for the dough too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's in very good shape. Shipping will depend on your location. I got a quote to ship to So Cal for $70 via UPS. Because I am in the midwest, i think that is the worst case scenario. On the otherhand it was only $30 to NE. Either way still cheaper than a new one, and these Ducati stands are built like a Mac truck.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not too good to be true at all. I've seen some brands that work just fine and are much cheaper than Pitbull or DP ones. I have T-Rex Racing stands that I bought brand new for like $120 (for both), and so far they've worked great, and I do use them quite a bit since my bike doesn't have a side stand anymore. Even holds my fat ass on the bike while it's on the stands :D

But I was about to suggest slomo's stand. It's a bummer the front is not available, but you won't find a rear DP stand cheaper than that. Granted shipping seems to be the killer there. Slomo, I have heard in the past that you don't really need a box to ship stuff like that. People on this forum have shipped stands to others without a box, and they can attach the shipping labels to the stand directly, which cuts the cost of shipping down by a lot. You may want to look into doing that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's in very good shape. Shipping will depend on your location. I got a quote to ship to So Cal for $70 via UPS. Because I am in the midwest, i think that is the worst case scenario. On the otherhand it was only $30 to NE. Either way still cheaper than a new one, and these Ducati stands are built like a Mac truck.
Ouch... I live in So Cal..

If there's a way to get the shipping costs down it's a no brainer. But otherwise it's $120 total cost and that's only $30 cheaper than if I were to buy both stands from this ebay store.

Granted, the quality of yours is far superior, I just think economically, it just makes more sense to go with the ebay option.

If the shipping costs can be reduced, to say around $30, then I'll send you payment today.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not too good to be true at all. I've seen some brands that work just fine and are much cheaper than Pitbull or DP ones. I have T-Rex Racing stands that I bought brand new for like $120 (for both), and so far they've worked great, and I do use them quite a bit since my bike doesn't have a side stand anymore. Even holds my fat ass on the bike while it's on the stands :D

But I was about to suggest slomo's stand. It's a bummer the front is not available, but you won't find a rear DP stand cheaper than that. Granted shipping seems to be the killer there. Slomo, I have heard in the past that you don't really need a box to ship stuff like that. People on this forum have shipped stands to others without a box, and they can attach the shipping labels to the stand directly, which cuts the cost of shipping down by a lot. You may want to look into doing that.

Rub is right on shipping the stand with no box. The only thing that he didn't mention is when you ship like that the part can't be insured at all.

I have shipped out shovelhead frames and have dealt with that before through ups and fedex. only when the part is more valuable(wishbone frames) have I opted for insurance. And had to make a box

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Rub is right on shipping the stand with no box. The only thing that he didn't mention is when you ship like that the part can't be insured at all.

I have shipped out shovelhead frames and have dealt with that before through ups and fedex. only when the part is more valuable(wishbone frames) have I opted for insurance. And had to make a box
That makes sense. It would be hard (even for those guys) to damage a DP rear stand, so I'd say the risk is pretty small....unless you're one of those guys that expects everything to be perfect, and would make a big deal out of a scratch on a stand that spends most of its life on concrete and asphalt anyway ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That makes sense. It would be hard (even for those guys) to damage a DP rear stand, so I'd say the risk is pretty small....unless you're one of those guys that expects everything to be perfect, and would make a big deal out of a scratch on a stand that spends most of its life on concrete and asphalt anyway ;)
Yeah, I wouldn't mind any scratches. As long as it wasn't bent, I'd be a happy camper.

Slomo, if you'd be open to that, please let me know the shipping costs and I'll get that payment over to you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm sorry if I am hijacking this thread!.

Steven: my quote was without a box, and is a discounted commercial rate. I've priced the stand ridiculously low to account for shipping.

My zip code is 52240, and the stand weights 17lbs. If you can find a cheaper rate, it's yours for $50+your shipping cost.!

I understand your point about getting the other set for $150.

No hard feelings if you decide not to. Just wanted to alert you that I had one for sale.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Not that it's any of my business, just trying to be helpful, but upon looking at FedEx's website, you can't get a quote for something that's not packaged online, so you'll have to just take the stand to a FedEx place and they'll have to do it on the spot. If you choose "your packaging" as an option, and you put dimensions in there, it counts it as if it's a box, which is why it turns out such a high quote.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts