Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is more of a feeler I guess. A good opportunity has emerged to get what I would consider to be an upgrade, so if I can sell my current bike, I figured why not...if not, I'm ok as well. It's a 2010, with about 6000 miles on it (about 60% of those were track miles, and rising).

Mods:
- Akrapovic Slip-ons
- Ohlins TTX shock
- Ohlins FG811 forks with 25mm valve kit
- Ohlins steering damper
- Ducshop 30mm offset triples
- Podium Racing rearsets
- Bazzaz QS
- Nemesis TCS
- Pazzo levers
- EVR slave cylinder
- EVR clutch cover
- Ducabike slipper clutch
- Optimal shitty Racing track fairings with homemade paint job (never crashed, just some typical wear and there, as well as some big scratches on the belly pan from rubbing on the edge of the trailer before I got better ramps)
- Hotbodies wind screen
- StompGrip tank pads
- ProGrip handle grips
- Speedymoto frame sliders
- R&G front wheel sliders
- AFAM sprocket carrier
- Driven 14T front sprocket
- DP superpole seat
- Motoholders front fairing stay
- K&N air filter
- TPO drain plug
- TPO oil sump plate cap
- Shorai battery
- ECU reflash with DP slip-on map
- Podium Racing gas cap

I also have some spares, some of which have already been for sale. Off the top of my head, I have Omnimoto rear set assembly (complete), woodcraft clip-on (just the bar), clutch/brake levers (can't remember the brand, I want to say Pazzo maybe?), some springs, stock Showa forks and rear shock, stock battery, and some other bits.

I'd like to sell EVERYTHING for $11,500. I'm also willing to part it all out, but only if I have some serious inquiries about all the major parts (engine, frame, wheels, suspensions, swing arm, triples, clutch, TCS, etc.). If not, I'm not going to tear my bike apart and have half of it left over spread all over the garage.

Attachments

Reactions: StevenAthas

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you "upgrading" to?
I can't say that :p. Most likely nothing, because I doubt I'll be able to sell this, and there will be no upgrade in that case.

Regardless, I will be racing this in less than 2 weeks at Road America! :yo:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What classes are you racing in?
I'm registered for Supertwins, Unlimited Superbike, Unlimited GP, and GTO. First two are back-to-back! That should be interesting :eek:.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow, yeah I have a race this weekend. It is twin sprints so I have heavy weight supersport x2 superbike x2 and supertwins x2. I opted not to do rookies open because it is back to back with another class.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, yeah I have a race this weekend. It is twin sprints so I have heavy weight supersport x2 superbike x2 and supertwins x2. I opted not to do rookies open because it is back to back with another class.
I assume you're talking about Summit Point? RA is the weekend after (July 4-5). It's also a twin sprints, but I'm trying to keep costs down and also would like to get back Sunday, so I'm just doing the GTO race on Sunday (first one in the morning). The other 3 are Saturday. As long as I don't get lapped by Jason Farrell in the GTO race, I'll be happy! Supposedly he cracked some ribs last weekend at BIR, so he might not be fit to race, in which case I should be ok, so long as no other AMA guys show up in that class :D

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I can't say that :p. Most likely nothing, because I doubt I'll be able to sell this, and there will be no upgrade in that case.

Regardless, I will be racing this in less than 2 weeks at Road America! :yo:
Sounds like a defector:stickpoke:)

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Location? I read through but maybe I missed it?
Sorry, forgot to include it here. I'm in Nebraska. I figured with all of that info, there's some basic info that I left out :)

Sounds like a defector:stickpoke:)
Defector you say? Give me another 10 days and I'll post a picture of whatever podium placard I get ;)

Disclaimer: If I don't return with any podium trophies, it is not because of the bike, it is because of my inability to ride it fast enough :eek:

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fine, I'll say it! I want an H2R with an extended swing arm. Now someone buy my bike so I can achieve my dream! :D

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seems like all my ads lately have had no shortage of views, but a complete lack of buyers....damn economy...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Buddy of mine just bought an 1198 SP track/street bike locally here in So Cal for $11,500. The previous owner was hounded for 4 hours by phone call's and e-mails from craigslist, my buddy saw the ad pop up and left work to buy it because of the deal. So I think your price is spot on Rub, awesome bike for that price. It's just location… if it was here in So Cal, it would be gone for that price in less then a day.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Buddy of mine just bought an 1198 SP track/street bike locally here in So Cal for $11,500. The previous owner was hounded for 4 hours by phone call's and e-mails from craigslist, my buddy saw the ad pop up and left work to buy it because of the deal. So I think your price is spot on Rub, awesome bike for that price. It's just location… if it was here in So Cal, it would be gone for that price in less then a day.
One can always make a trip over here if interested. Make a vacation out of it. If you've never seen fields of corn that stretch as far as you can see, now would be the time to do it. And the roads are amazing. Perfect for all bikers that always wanted to go to the saltflats to test their top speed but didn't want to get salt all over their bikes. Here, you just pick whatever road you want. Any of them will go on for about 50 miles at least before you hit a turn (more like a kink). :yo:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Nice, the home of horsepower! :)

I showed my friend your bike, he loved it until I told him it was out of state. He didn't even contemplate shipping or traveling. Ohh well… have you tried posting it on craigslist? You may get some locals there.

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice, the home of horsepower! :)

I showed my friend your bike, he loved it until I told him it was out of state. He didn't even contemplate shipping or traveling. Ohh well… have you tried posting it on craigslist? You may get some locals there.
Ha! Locals and track bikes...yeah right. I know ALL of the people in my city (of almost 250,000 people) that do track days and/or have track bikes. There are a grand total of 6 including myself. One, I've sold my old CBR600 track bike to a couple of years ago. 2 of the others are in no position to buy a bike right now, let alone one that's over $10k, and the others already have Ducati track bikes. If I post on craigslist, I might....MIGHT, get some squid interested in it and he would most likely ask if I'll sell it for $6k instead and if I still have all the stock parts to make it street legal.

Like I said, I don't really need to sell, and if it doesn't then so be it. I will continue to ride it and race it in the future for as long as I have it. I just figured I'd try it out and see what happens because a good opportunity came up.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts