Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be time for my baby to find a new home...

Ultra rare Ducati 748 s Senna Edition 1 of 200 imported to the U.S.
Just 24,xxx miles Engine rebuilt at 21,400 Miles over $3700 by Desmoto-Sport in SF

Quite a bit of carbon. Runs and sounds great! There are a few scratches on the right side due to previous owner dropping it on gravel. The bike has been ridden, like their supposed to be...

$6000 but serious offers welcomed.

E-Mail for more pictures fattireca @ gmail

MANUFACTURER Ducati
MODEL YEAR 2002
MODEL 748S

DIMENSIONS
WEIGHT 432 lbs.
WHEELBASE 55.5 in.
SEAT HEIGHT 31.1 in.
ENGINE
ENGINE 748cc, 90° L twin, 4 valves per cylinder, Desmodromic control, liquid cooled
HORSEPOWER 97 HP @ 11,000 RPM
DISPLACEMENT 748cc
BORE X STROKE 88 x 61.5mm
TORQUE 53.8 ft. lbs. @ 9,000 RPM
COMPRESSION RATIO 11.5:1
FUEL SYSTEM Marelli electronic injection, 50 mm throttle body
FUEL CAPACITY 4.5 gal. (including 1 gal. reserve)
CLUTCH Dry multiplate with hydraulic control
EXHAUST Remus Titanium
DRIVETRAIN
TRANSMISSION 6-speed with straight cut gears
BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES
BRAKES Front: 2 x 320 mm Brembo semi-floating discs, 4-piston 2-pads calipers
Rear: 220 mm rotor, 2-piston caliper with hydraulic control
TIRES Front: 120/60 ZR 17, Rear: 180/55 ZR 17
OPERATIONAL
FRAME Trellis type constructed of chrome moly steel alloy tubes
SUSPENSION Front: Showa TiN coated upside-down 43 mm fork, fully adjustable, 5.08" travel
Rear: Progressive linkage with adjustable Showa monoshock, 5.2" travel

777C1093.jpg

777C1092.jpg

777C1086.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's no such thing as a 748 Senna. It's a nice paint scheme but there's no other difference between it and a regular 748S.

·
Registered
188 Posts
^ You sure about that? A quick Google search yields a bunch of results showing 748s Senna Edition...
Lots of ignorant people with computers. Because it has a dark paintjob, they think the S stands for Senna. It doesn't.

·
Registered
7 Posts
S?

so is it an "S"? is it a Senna? what is it? were there only 200 imported or is it just paint?
changes the value, please let me know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
so is it an "S"? is it a Senna? what is it? were there only 200 imported or is it just paint?
changes the value, please let me know.

It's just paint, but some people will pay extra for that. It's a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Also added the TiN fork coating. Was in Ducati sales when these came out and bought one myself. It is just an S model and I don't believe they were limited to only 200 but... I could be wrong. Would believe that the original 916 Senna was limited to 200 imported. Either way it is a beautiful bike and I don't think that price is too far off base but just my opinion I guess!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It is just an S model and I don't believe they were limited to only 200...
There were 200 but it wasn't exactly limited, that's just how many there were. With a small volume manufacturer like Ducati, you can find stranger numerical anomalies if you look--like "60 yellow 1998 916 bipostos" (not a factual number, just an example)

·
Banned
33 Posts
Sure looks like it. Love the paint schem
Where is the bke located?

Ok time to clear up a few things....

This is NOT viper's old bike , that bike is mine ;) its locked up safely. Also, my bike is MINT and only has 8k miles on it, also never dropped.

on to the Senna stuff.

There was never a 748 Senna edition made, they only made a 916 Senna. This is a 748s, in Titanium Grey paint. The red Marchesini's are stock. This bike was part of a limited run of 748s produced in 2002. Ducati has repeated this color livery (in a similar fashion) with the new 848 Evo that is available in Pearl white with Red Marchesini wheels. It seems they only offer this color at the end of a production run for a particular model.

World wide, there were 250 produced in this livery, and of that, only 200 were brought to the US.

Many have been sprayed in clear coat, this is aftermarket, and not the factory presentation. the Factory paint is a matte grey with white tail fairing accent, and reflective red piping dividing the two. Also, the "DUCATI" decal on the front faring is reflective.

the S model comes with the Showa adjustable rear shock, 5 spoke Marchesini wheels, TiN Coated front forks, and has the highest power output variant engine that Ducati made for the 748 (except for the R and RS models)

Hope that helps to clarify a bit of the confusion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts