Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is my beautiful 2007 1098. Its in like new condition, comes with a brand new rear tire (front 50%). At 5128 miles its barely broken in. Always stored in a heated drive in basement. Its never been dropped. Asking $10,000 firm. The reason I am selling is that Im getting into racing and can only have so many sunny summer day toys. Bike is located near Burlington VT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I forgot to add, The bike also comes with a battery tender and a trex rear wheel stand. New rear tire has not yet been mounted and balanced. Also has passenger seat and pegs, as well as two keys. Title in hand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My asking price is 10,000 any input from anyone on this forum as to whether or not that's a good price, or if I'm asking too much would be appreciated.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thats a good price. It is going to take a while to sell it due to economy and limited audience with $$ to buy. Mine has 15k miles and not as clean, I am going to be asking $9k for mine. GLWS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pricing feedback. I'm in no big hurry I would just like to move it by early spring. For anyone interested I am also willing to transport it in my pickup truck up to 200 miles if that helps at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
all stock 1098... will never sell at this price. 7 - yes, 8 - maybe. if you want anything more, prepare to own this bike for a long time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
10K may be a little steep. I just sold my yellow, fully loaded base( full leo, vortex rearsets, bazzaz FI-QS-tc, clutch slave, clutch plate and cover) for 10.2K. It was mint with 8K on the clocks and a full service with belts, valves, and tank three months before. I was getting lowball 8K offers daily but I sold for full asking within a month.Could I have gotten more, maybe, but it is a soft market for high end toys until you find the right buyer. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Location and number of bikes in the area for sale have a lot to do with how fast it sells also. I was looking for months for my 1098 within a 300 mile radius. They were snatched up so fast. The market does seem slow right now though. I have been watching a couple on CL for a couple months (they are asking 10-11k) and have not moved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback guys. Im in no hurry to sell it so I think im going to keep my price what it is. Im hoping once spring rolls around and prices jump a little, ill have better luck. I paid enough for it when I bought it that selling for 7 or 8 k wouldn't be worth it, I might as well keep it for that price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts