Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got these, brand-new, racing axles from an older local deal and decided to get rid of them. I have:

4 pieces for 848-1098-1198 models, from what I know they may fit also Diavel, Streetfighter and Multistrada 1200.
2 pieces for 749-999 models , and
3 pieces for 748-916-996-998 models, also fits ie Monsters and SS

I'm asking
80$ for 998 and 999 series, and
95$ for 1098 models.
+ shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Are these lighter than stock?
Unsure myself, but they are of a lot higher quality then the factory axle. If you're after a light axle, TPO Parts make a 7068-T6 super alloy axle. 50% lighter & 50% stronger, but it will cost you $249.99 for the pleasure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello

I'm new here, just wanna check how it works. I own 2007 1098 and it's my first Duke ever. Bought it in April last year. It's nice to be in this company. :violin:

·
Registered
456 Posts
So the benefits are, lighter and stronger than stock? Are OEM ducati front axles failing at an abnormal rate? Just curious, i may be interested in the 1098 one. I have a 2007 1098.
Greg

·
Read Only
2,524 Posts
It has nothing to do with, failing from the stock parts.

You have to see it as a racing part.
It is made from high-strength 7075 aluminum and is lighter than stock.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm interested in one for my 1098, i just need to be sold a little more on why i need one before i plunk down a C note for one! :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm interested in one for my 1098, i just need to be sold a little more on why i need one before i plunk down a C note for one! :)
Strength & Malleability
Corrosion Resistance
Weight Differences
You don't need one over the stock unless you are in pursuit for better, this is the most important ''why'' I think.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
So the benefits are, lighter and stronger than stock? Are OEM ducati front axles failing at an abnormal rate? Just curious, i may be interested in the 1098 one. I have a 2007 1098.
Greg
They don't "fail" in normal use. But they bend easily in an accident, being so thin-walled.

Many of us become obsessed with reducing weight around the wheels (referred to as 'unsprung weight') and replace these items for that reason.

These axles look pretty tasty. The TPO item is a seriously beautiful thing. Mine sat on the table inside where I could play with it for a while before I fitted it!

If anyone is replacing with one of these Ergal parts, new member Rattel might want to buy your old one.

:eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts