Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is there to say other than these are the best rotors money can buy. The lightest, best stopping power, least brake fade, most thermal resistant rotors ever sold to the public. Better life and far better wet weather performance than carbon rotors. Don't require to be superheated like carbon rotors to work effectively, making them acceptable for everything from the street all the way to elite-level racing. 65% lighter than your stock rotors, which is an insane amount of rotating mass on your front wheel.

Fits all bikes that use 5-bolt, 15 mm offset, 320 mm rotors. Should be 749, 999, S4R, 848, 1098, 1198, and Streetfighter. Go to the Braketech site to read all about them:
AXIS/CMC? Rotors

Braketech hasn't produced these rotors in about 2.5 years now, and no telling when/if they will begin again. This is the only place you will find them. So if you want and need the ultimate brake rotors for your race bike or project, look no further.

$1800 plus shipping/insurance including lightly used XRAC pads, which are required to use with these rotors (cost over $100 per caliper). Will ship overseas if you're willing to pay the shipping and custom fees. Up close pics to come tonight. Still currently on the bike, just waiting for my new brake pads to come in. Will remove and ship immediately if purchased in the next week however.

UPDATE: ROTORS ARE SOLD AS OF OCT 20

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what's funny. Regardless, just measured the thickness -- 5.10 mm and 5.20 mm. So still tons of life left, min thickness is 4.5. A couple closeup pics.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
Pretty sure he didn't realize these things ran ~3k/set, and finding any for sale basically within the past 3 or so years (used or new) required the upmost patience and ready checkbook....Which sadly I never had the privilege of having both at the same time.

Great deal on top of the line rotors, IMO. Would snatch them up if mine were anything other than a standard model 848. Best of luck with the sale!

-Christian

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty sure he didn't realize these things ran ~3k/set, and finding any for sale basically within the past 3 or so years (used or new) required the upmost patience and ready checkbook....Which sadly I never had the privilege of having both at the same time.

Great deal on top of the line rotors, IMO. Would snatch them up if mine were anything other than a standard model 848. Best of luck with the sale!

-Christian
Well thanks for the bump man. I can imagine guys could have sticker shock seeing the price if they don't know what they are. It's pretty hard to sell them honestly -- it's the most high end thing I've ever owned, it's motoGP technology and I'll probably never own something like that again. I just don't need these on a track bike as much as I need some cash to put towards racing next year.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Someone's gonna want these for their winter build...

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
I can just throw in here that I love my similar rotors. And yes, mine cost about $3,000. Bellissimoto threw in a set of pads..

But the difference in unsprung weight is dramatic. You can feel the difference immediately, with a vastly lighter front wheel assembly.

Before you even get to the bumpy corners..

They work perfectly - hot, cold, wet or dry.

You know you want to..

:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I can just throw in here that I love my similar rotors. And yes, mine cost about $3,000. Bellissimoto threw in a set of pads..

But the difference in unsprung weight is dramatic. You can feel the difference immediately, with a vastly lighter front wheel assembly.

Before you even get to the bumpy corners..

They work perfectly - hot, cold, wet or dry.

You know you want to..

:)
Thanks for the bump man. I have them up on a couple different sites, and there's a couple guys doing ultimate lightweight 999 or 1198 builds -- it's been interesting to see how much they're willing to spend ($2K+) on something like a carbon airbox to save 2 pounds when these would dramatically affect their bike more than basically everything else combined that they are spending money on short of new wheels. But then why spend $5K on the ultimate set of wheels if you're then throwing the stock discs back on there?

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
No need for the larger diameter.

320 is plenty. For the models that come with 330s you usually just have to place the spacers above the caliper rather than below it.

Or leave them off and fit shorter (Ti) bolts..

These discs are way better than any 330 mm metal ones I've ever ridden.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Yep, I changed to 320 Brembo full floaters on my 1098R. I want these carbon rotors soooooo bad,........ so damn bad!!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple pics off the bike. Sorry for the crap lighting, I really don't have any great light in this old house.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Wish I had won the Lotto and had that kind of coin to throw at rotors. Love your pic. I got a Boston also. Great dogs. Good luck on the sale and next season.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sale pending -- will update thread as transaction completes.

Wish I had won the Lotto and had that kind of coin to throw at rotors. Love your pic. I got a Boston also. Great dogs. Good luck on the sale and next season.
Great looking BT man! How old is he/she? Young enough to still have the floppy ears -- our Frank's ears didn't stand up completely til around 6 months. He's about 2 and a half now -- he's the best thing that's ever happened to us (no kids yet). We got him from a breeder, but we actually just put in an application last night to rescue another Boston.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sale pending -- will update thread as transaction completes.QUOTE]

Rotors are officially sold. I'm going to miss the blingiest piece of kit I've ever owned!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts