Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know on a streetfighter 848 how many gals are left in the tank when the light comes on? Everytime I have filled it at the point the light came on I was only able to put in >3.5 gals. Seems hard to believe a full gal is left when the light came on, total should be 4.4 gals I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone know on a streetfighter 848 how many gals are left in the tank when the light comes on? Everytime I have filled it at the point the light came on I was only able to put in >3.5 gals. Seems hard to believe a full gal is left when the light came on, total should be 4.4 gals I think.
If you fill the tank up while keeping the bike standing straight up between your legs you can fit more fuel in the tank than if you leave it on its kickstand. I'm only pointing that out in case you're unaware.

But doesn't your dash count down from 20-0 miles remaining when that light comes on? Mine does. And I'm lucky if I get 20-22 MPG on my SF 848 w/ DP ECU and swapped exhaust.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I'm getting around 35-40, I been filling it up on kick stand, and yes I am aware if the bike is straight up it fits more, thanks though. I been filling it up to close to the top but not all the way. Usually fits less then 3.5 when my light comes on and mileage is 120-130 range. Better then my gsxr 600 got, but we will see after the mods I do to her.
And no keju mine counts up fuel light comes on and fuel trip starts at 0 and starts counting up, so it would be safe to say a half a gallon is still in there and hit a gas station asap lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012 SF848, bought used a couple of months ago. So far, overall average mpg is 41.8
Most I have put in bike is 4.15 gal (on the ;side stand), and the bike ran out of gas as I pulled up to the pump! The 4.15 is probably not exact, it was an old analog dial type pump, but a pretty good approximation.
Last fill was 3.808 gal at 151 miles. light came on at 135.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts