Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with my dealership today and they advised that there is a Ducati recall - update for the monster 821 fuel mapping software... Has anybody else heard of this and do you know what the reason is?

·
Registered
995 Posts
My 821 was picked up for a 1-year service yesterday. They called by 2:00 pm and had already gone over the bike to get my OK for the service - an oil change and a software recall which they thought might clear up the engine stumble at 42 MPH. Nothing from Ducati about a recall, though.

Pjk

·
Registered
184 Posts
i just had an issue with my oil filter leaking and had it replaced. i asked if they did the fuel map update and they gave me a generic oh yes we did. no details. but it does seem to be running different. i didn't think it was running poorly before but it feels very smooth is the best way to describe it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My dealer called me also that they have a software update for my bike. So I had the update without having to do an oil change as that was done at 1000KM, now at 2500KMs. After the update, the difference is very noticeable as the bike became much smoother.

Didn't notice any engine stumble before but the new map is a huge improvement.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone gotten the update number or code for the update to the fuel mapping software?

Ducati customer service told me that there was a recall for the m821 related to throttle diagnostics and gave me the number or code(TSB-15-004).

If anyone gets a similar code from their dealer about the update to the fuel mapping software, please post.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So got my bike back from the dealer. The new uodate definitely provides a noticeable difference. The power and torque remain the same but the engine feels smoother and the throttle resonse is not quite as jumpy in certain RPM ranges...just a smoother throttle.response which is very noticeable in touring and sport.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Im not sure if mine had the new map loaded while it was in getting fixed. But it does say "race" on start up now. But this could be due to the fact they tried a race map to try solve the issue. Either way it runs so much smoother. Better than it ever has.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got the bike back this past Saturday and rode it into work this morning. After it warmed up I sped up and through 42 MPH in 3rd a few times, and even tried to hold it at 42 MPH, and it looks like the re-map has cleared up the stumble. It even seems revvier but I think it's still breaking in. I'll wind it out a little more on the way home/.

Pjk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.