Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eti fuel cell on order and just received my corse dynamics fuel pump flange. Much nicer than the stock piece and removing the lines will be a cinch. I want to get some better bolts to mount the flange to the tank. Does anyone know the correct size and length? I want to say it's an M5 bolt but don't know the length.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey Keithih, you're making a good decision to swap out the OEM bolts--they strip out really easy. I replaced these bolts on all of my 848 tanks (street and track tanks). I can't remember the exact size but I took one with me to the local Sears Hardware or Ace Hardware store and matched it up there. If you're planning to purchase locally that's an option. I purchased stainless steel bolts with a much deeper and more solid head (4mm vs OEM 3mm).

When I made this video showing how to repair a disconnected fuel hose, I actually talk about my bolt upgrade (around the 10:30 mark), and compare one of the OEM bolts to one that I purchased.

Good luck,

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Charles. I happened to see your video which gave me the idea to replace my hose clamps and bolts while i'm putting a new tank setup together.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
I did the same as Charles first time I took my pump out. The OEM bolts had a soft head and rounded pretty easy. I swapped em for some nice stainless fasteners and never looked back.

I believe the size is either M4x15 or M5x15.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the same as Charles first time I took my pump out. The OEM bolts had a soft head and rounded pretty easy. I swapped em for some nice stainless fasteners and never looked back.

I believe the size is either M4x15 or M5x15.
Thanks. I want to say M5. the torque spec list says 5x0.8. I wasn't sure of the length.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice,
I am pretty sure that the DP gas tank comes with new SS hardware. But after checking this out. I am going to see for sure. I didn't have a problem taking the factory 1's out though. But I don't want to worry about it.

1 less thing to worry about.

Now the rotor bolts were a different story., had to drill into 1 and a couple others were almost there(very soft). I have since changed out to Titanium and some Copper anti-seize.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice,
I am pretty sure that the DP gas tank comes with new SS hardware. But after checking this out. I am going to see for sure. I didn't have a problem taking the factory 1's out though. But I don't want to worry about it.

1 less thing to worry about.

Now the rotor bolts were a different story., had to drill into 1 and a couple others were almost there(very soft). I have since changed out to Titanium and some Copper anti-seize.
Yeah my rotor bolts are next. I'll probably use an impact to remove the stockers.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice,
Yeah my rotor bolts are next. I'll probably use an impact to remove the stockers.
I have not done my rotor bolts, but last year I watched a veteran track rider/racer change his out in a matter of minutes at the track... he used a handheld propane torch to heat them up before breaking them loose. He had no difficulties at all.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have not done my rotor bolts, but last year I watched a veteran track rider/racer change his out in a matter of minutes at the track... he used a handheld propane torch to heat them up before breaking them loose. He had no difficulties at all.
Nice,
Yep Heat is the trick. I wanted new 1's anyways :eek:.
You know the same thing applies with aluminium engine blocks and spark plugs.

Now that was a expensive lesson. 2 broken plugs had to get them burned out and the head welded up. :shitfan:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.