Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new on this sight and eagerly awaiting my new 1098!

I have a question about the exhaust kit...

Is that full exhaust sold as a complete kit with the chip and the intake mod(filter?)?

I am just a little confused on what you get, the dealer told me it was about $2600. And, is it S/S or titanium?

What does the $2600 buy me and how many more ponies will I get?

I like scary fast toys! :yo:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome bmottershead!
I bought the full Termi and had it installed by the dealer. You should try to get your dealer to make you a deal after purchaing a bike. The Termi is made from titanium and it does include the ecu and filter. I paid just under $2500 installed. I've heard hp figures of 8-10 horse power....

David-

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, dealer here in So Cal said the same thing. About 10 hp. $2,500 including install is a great price!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Does the full Termi come with a carbon heal guard? The S model with full termi at the debut had one installed. I read somewhere that it does but I cannot find it in any document or photo of the full system. Any specific specs on this kit would be nice.

I can’t wait to hear the roar of my full system in the parking garage at work…they are going to love me!!
!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the full system really titanium? My accessory sheet from the dealer says SS, and on the Ducati website, the full system is SS. My dealer told me it was SS. I can't find anything that says it's made of ti, although for that price it should be. Don't want to stir things up, just asking. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
The $2600 full system includes stainless steel tubing. I've heard that there's a Ti version of the same full system for $3600, but I haven't yet seen a part number for it in any of the online or catalog listings.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The full system has 70mm headers 57mm collectors going into Carbon Termi silencers. It comes with ECU air filter and Carbon heel protector. It is not 70mm from cylinder to silencer and I'm pretty sure they are not titanium.

CAG

·
Registered
337 Posts
Okay. I've now got the 2007 official Ducati parts catalog.
Per the catalog, the full system is Stainless and has a MAX diameter of 70mm.
Looking at the illustration, you can see that it varies in diameter at various points, so CAG is right again.

The interesting part for me, since I'm getting the base model, is that the canister kits also come with a dedicated ECU and a 'high efficiency' air filter. 160 hp is plenty for me, so I'm just going for the look with the CF cans. I wouldn't have thought the cans alone would require a new ECU.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts