Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a UK quote for a termi system inc. chip in the UK yet? My 1098S is on order and need to see if I will have enough to get the termi system come march when its expected - Also anyone had a quote for a hugger yet? Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I ordered a Ducati Performance carbon hugger here in the U.S. and it cost about $160.00 also, I looked into the Full Termi with chip and they wanted $2600.00 USD. Good luck with your purchases!

·
Registered
38 Posts
floydstar said:
Has anyone had a UK quote for a termi system inc. chip in the UK yet? My 1098S is on order and need to see if I will have enough to get the termi system come march when its expected - Also anyone had a quote for a hugger yet? Thanks.
Floyd, had an end can kit (carbon) on order but saw the full system yesterday and have upgraded. I think the price quoted from Motorapido is about £1600.00 but it is SOOOO much better than teh end can kit. Motorapido were quoted around 13hp increase over the 5 you get from the cans, no valve and crapy valve cover/heal guard, kilos lighter and much better finished. You also get a really nice carbon heal guard as standard on them plus ECU and filter. Baffles are removable on both with a 4mm allen key. You can buy the end can kit for around £900 and get the rest of the pipework later if you're strapped for cash.

I've got the hugger on order too, I think that was under £100 but can't remember.

Cheers, the bike is awesome mate, 165mph on a dual carraigeway yesterday still running it in, so much better than my 999s. Get yours as soon as you can!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the pricing and additional info Gossa.

Out of interest - will the bike pass UK MOT test with the termi's with the baffles in? or is it a case of reverting back to original system come MOT time - a few years off on a new bike I know :)

165mph and still running in! oooh March is soo far away! How did you get yours so early? My Dealer siad none were available till March - or was that statement to make sure I still ordered through them? Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
FYI in Australia the prices are for the slip on system is $2,495 and the full system is $4,795. I think we're getting ripped downunder!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouch - Seems the guys in the States have the best pricing compared to the UK price of £1600 for the full system

1,600.00 GBP = 1,600.00 GBP UK Price
2,600.00 USD = 1,339.12 GBP
4,795.00 AUD = 1,928.02 GBP

·
Registered
38 Posts
floydstar said:
Thanks for the pricing and additional info Gossa.

Out of interest - will the bike pass UK MOT test with the termi's with the baffles in? or is it a case of reverting back to original system come MOT time - a few years off on a new bike I know :)

165mph and still running in! oooh March is soo far away! How did you get yours so early? My Dealer siad none were available till March - or was that statement to make sure I still ordered through them? Cheers
According to my dealer (motorapido) there is no emmisions or noise test in the current mot but even if it goes that way it's easy to whack the standard system back on.

Yeah, i'm no hero at all but riding her in pretty hard, the bike is just so good I can't even tell you. My dealer phoned me on dec 20 saying that they had the demo bike and one other just in, I'd ordered mine with a mate and he wanted to get them together so I said i'd wait for him t get another bike. Dealer rings back ten minutes later and says he's got another bike so we could both collect that weekend (23rd). I did order early and have a great relationship with a great dealer and I find that that goes a long way!

Not sure about your order, our bikes are both s models, I know there haven't been any standard bikes in the UK yet but it seems now that plenty of S bikes have already been collected.

·
Registered
38 Posts
floydstar said:
Ouch - Seems the guys in the States have the best pricing compared to the UK price of £1600 for the full system

1,600.00 GBP = 1,600.00 GBP UK Price
2,600.00 USD = 1,339.12 GBP
4,795.00 AUD = 1,928.02 GBP
You got to remember that the UK price will include our UK VAT at 17.5%. the USD price might be a net price or with a smaller state tax. There may also be import duties on these parts. Also remember Duacti will price according to market, I think our UK price isn't unreasonable. AND, the £ is at a record high against the $ right now.

Floyd, how do you think that these US guys would enjoy our fuel prices?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cringe at the thought of buying fuel by the liter!

Just to rub it in, I was out for lunch a little bit ago and I noticed that regular unleaded has dipped into the low $1.90's/gallon this week!

And I think you're spot on about the tax differences, but the import duties will have been factored by the time they ever reach the dealer shelf. Not having socialized medicine grants us a lot of freedom compared to other countries like the UK and Canada who do have socialized healthcare.

·
Registered
38 Posts
van-man said:

Just to rub it in, I was out for lunch a little bit ago and I noticed that regular unleaded has dipped into the low $1.90's/gallon this week!

And I think you're spot on about the tax differences, but the import duties will have been factored by the time they ever reach the dealer shelf. Not having socialized medicine grants us a lot of freedom compared to other countries like the UK and Canada who do have socialized healthcare.
Van, come and take our health care system away and let me pay less than the $24 it costs to fill up the piddly little tank on my 1098! We're pretty screwed up here, our roads signs are in miles and speedos mph but we now have to buy in litres and kilos! No wondor we're confused!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good. I'd heard that the Euro was really starting to infilitrate over there.

We'd be lost without our European ally. Long live the Queen!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was quoted £1300 uk for the full system from my dealer yesterday, that was with 20% discount as I am a very good repeat customer. The hugger was quoted at £75.
Have not got a bike yet but am working on it, my name is on both the base and S models so I have a choice, it all depends on if I can sell my 749R either through the dealer or privately. Going to see the sales guy today to try to get a price for my bike returned to standard as I have over £2000 worth of parts sold already if I can get a price for my bike against the 1098. Heres hoping !!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
van-man said:

$1.90 per gallon !! jeez! Try £1 per litre here :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gossa said:
According to my dealer (motorapido) there is no emmisions or noise test in the current mot but even if it goes that way it's easy to whack the standard system back on.

Yeah, i'm no hero at all but riding her in pretty hard, the bike is just so good I can't even tell you. My dealer phoned me on dec 20 saying that they had the demo bike and one other just in, I'd ordered mine with a mate and he wanted to get them together so I said i'd wait for him t get another bike. Dealer rings back ten minutes later and says he's got another bike so we could both collect that weekend (23rd). I did order early and have a great relationship with a great dealer and I find that that goes a long way!

Not sure about your order, our bikes are both s models, I know there haven't been any standard bikes in the UK yet but it seems now that plenty of S bikes have already been collected.
Interesting - I have ordered the S version too and still I am told March - some guys have all the luck ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
iang said:
I was quoted £1300 uk for the full system from my dealer yesterday, that was with 20% discount as I am a very good repeat customer. The hugger was quoted at £75.
Have not got a bike yet but am working on it, my name is on both the base and S models so I have a choice, it all depends on if I can sell my 749R either through the dealer or privately. Going to see the sales guy today to try to get a price for my bike returned to standard as I have over £2000 worth of parts sold already if I can get a price for my bike against the 1098. Heres hoping !!

What dealer are you buying from? I can highly recommend Motorapido in Winchester.

As for model, i'd get the S as i think they will really hold thier value in the future.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just been into my local dealer who I also have a great relationship with and even though they have had orders for ages the only bike they have had so far is their demo which is in the showroom, they are expecting their first customer bike within the next week or two. How come Motorapido got three before christmas ???

Anyway I sorted out my dealers mistake when he had ordered me a base 1098 when it should have been an S so hopefully it will not be too long before mine arrives, just before the spring. Just need to sell my mint 749R before then !!!

The dealer also informed me that he is sold out until late July which means more than likely into next years allocation. He also said that this is nationwide now and due to massive interest dealer allocations have had to be cut worldwide.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gossa - On the subject of how much things cost - Who did you ensure your 1098 with, how much did it cost and any clauses? Were Ground Anchor and or Alarm enhancements mentioned as requirements?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts