Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much is this full Exhaust realy cost ?????
I see different prices on web $2600....$2800 ....where can I get the best price for it ???

My dealer want $2600 plus installation :(

·
Registered
337 Posts
That's the same as my dealer out here in So. Cal.
Plus tax and I'm looking at over $3k.
Jatpol -- did you already get your bike?
I'm waiting on a base 1098 and will hold off on getting the Termi, since I figure 160 hp is plenty for now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The MSRP for the full exhasut is $2628.90 and my dealer told me that it will take 4hrs to install and map. As already stated in previous threads if you create a relationship with the dealer they are more likely to give you a discount.

I also didn't need any more HP but the sound a full termi makes is priseless...well, not in this case:)

What are some hourly rates that your dealers charge???

·
Registered
62 Posts
they tend to charge 50-60 bucks around where I live.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I installed my full termignoni right today at my deler's service.
On the dyno it gives 7 hp more and 8 newtons torque more.

To drive the bike now is a real plesaure, even if always afraid to find some police......

·
Registered
78 Posts
1098 said:
I installed my full termignoni right today at my deler's service.
On the dyno it gives 7 hp more and 8 newtons torque more.

To drive the bike now is a real plesaure, even if always afraid to find some police......
1098, did you install the system yourself? What about mapping the computer, what is involved with that? do you need any special equipment or tools?

50-60 dollars is reasonable, I am finding prices much higher then that :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DUCMILLE said:
That's the same as my dealer out here in So. Cal.
Plus tax and I'm looking at over $3k.
Jatpol -- did you already get your bike?
I'm waiting on a base 1098 and will hold off on getting the Termi, since I figure 160 hp is plenty for now.

Not yet !!!
I'm getting mine in april but they coming in march !!!!

Agree........160 hp is plenty power !!!! :D

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Looking for real "seat in the pants" HP gains from an exhaust system is like looking for a hooker at church. Sure they come in from time to time, but you can rest assure you'll never see them!

Get the Termi's for one thing and one thing ONLY! As stated - THE SOUND!

The biggest slap in the face, or the quickest way into your wallet is to simply go to a local Ducati meet or ride, and pull up with your brand smacking new 1098. Sure it's a hot bike, got gobs of power, and will have everyone's attention, but it'll take just one Duc with a full Termi system to pull or pass by to get everyones attention! In not time the crowd that once surrounded your bike will have left to check out the Termi machine!

If you're riding a Ducati twin, it's gotta to have Termi's out the back!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Agree... you will have plenty of power and the add you may gain will push you maybe a little bit. But the gain on surrounding interest will make it worth to get it, the sound is awesome... when I heard it, my neck hair stood up... Its amazing... I can't wait to show up at our meeting spot in summer with my baby...I'm sure I will have all eyes and ears on the bike

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Why not install it yourself? How hard can it be to route a few pieces of pipe? Save yourself some $$$...

Jason

·
Registered
134 Posts
Visitor Q said:
Why not install it yourself? How hard can it be to route a few pieces of pipe? Save yourself some $$$...

Jason
i watched my dealer install it. I have put several on my jap bikes...but just did not want to take a chance with this one. after all, i just spent over $21k on a bike and i've been acustomed to $10.5k...what's $160.00 to ensure a job done correct and let the dealer have the liability. just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Dibs said:
i watched my dealer install it. I have put several on my jap bikes...but just did not want to take a chance with this one. after all, i just spent over $21k on a bike and i've been acustomed to $10.5k...what's $160.00 to ensure a job done correct and let the dealer have the liability. just my opinion.
I hear ya bro, I just like working on my bike myself knowing the job is done right and saving money in the process... I doubt the job was much different than the installs on your jap. bikes.

Jason

·
Registered
134 Posts
T-revs said:
Dibs, how long did your install take? My dealer quoted me 4 hours. ~60*4= $240.

my bike was the first one they did, so they did not really know what to charge for it. That said, they charged me 3 hours at $60.00 per hour. After doing mine they did say that they were going to charge 4-5 hours on all other installs. I can't complain though, after paying for the full system,labor and tax it was still less than suggested retail.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too am pondering self-installation. The Aprilia only required dropping in a new chip. I am curious to the requirements of "re-mapping" a Ducati. Surely it isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
337 Posts
FYI guys. Per the Ducati catalog BOTH the Full System and the Canister Only system come with dedicated ECU chips.

Since the Cans will give me the look I want at about half the cost, I may go that route, and sacrifice that extra 8hp.

Anyone know if the sound will be noticeably different?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Visitor Q said:

Jason
You can't. You will need the Ducati Service Computer to correctly program the new ECU. You could install the pipes, mufflers, etc then take the bike to your dealer to program the ECU.
I have the Full Termignoni system and read the install directions (just waiting on the bike to arrive now). I guess that will save a few bucks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Fitted the Quat-D exhausts last night, easiest pipes to fit of all time in my book !

Good finish, easy to get to noise baffle, sounds great!

No chips or filters to worry about. Will see how it goes on the weekend and I may get the 70mm Termi headers to match up and up it a little more

All in all 2 thumbs up.
Ed
Oz

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm all for installing a system on your own, its not rocket science. However, since these are new bikes and have a warranty, consider what happens if the ECU on your self installed Termi goes tits up, unless you have a willing dealer to back you up and say they installed the system, guess who buys a new ECU. If the system is dealer installed and the above scenario plays out your covered by the warranty. Just another way to look at ti.
Fran

1 - 20 of 44 Posts