Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have got a set of Termi headers coming, but they don't have the hardware...what all do I need? Pretty sure I should be able to find most of it at a hardware store, but looking to get a head start.

How many of what size nuts and bolts...how many exhaust springs etc.

Appreciate the help.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found out I need 7 exhaust springs, unfortunately I think there are only 6 on the stock system, so i will have to find another one.

I am guessing its just a short nut and bolt that join the two pipes together behind the heat shield, and maybe I can reuse the existing bolt to attach it to the frame?

What about the heat shield...does it use the same bolts, spacers and washers as the OEM triangular piece...can I just re-use those?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Indeed seven springs and it has the same bolt on to the frame.

It doesn't have the 3 point heat guard attachment, but two point instead. Reason why you get a new exhaust shield with the full-system, same goes for the springs etc.

What I meant was, can I use those bolts from the three point heat shield for the two point one?...are the bolts and spacers the same size?

Are the springs a different size from the OEM exhaust, or can I make those work?

Appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone happen to have a couple exhaust springs laying around? Or know what size to order...going to be short 1 spring.

I guess its fine to run it without, maybe leave the one off the Y pipe, exhaust hangers and the frame should keep it secure till I find one.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I should have one laying around somewhere, i Also hace a few from a graves full system i had on my old R6, leaving to Vegas later today and coming back on Sunday, i can send you one next week if you want

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anybody here have extra springs laying around? I had to cross-cross the ones on my bike when I bought it because they lost their tension and were rattling away...or the previous dude straight up used the wrong ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts