Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up my Termi full exhaust today and im very dissapointed. First its very heavy and for that kind of dough it should save at least some weight, it actually seems like it may be heavier than stock. Second and more importantly, you have to re-use one of your stock header pipes! even though in all the picks of the system on Ducati and everyone else's site show 2 header pipes!! If i wasnt getting this virtually for free as part of my insurance settlement i would be very pissed off!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
add to that a new R1 makes the same amount of torque, maybe 1nm less, give it that the Ri torque peters off up high but the ducati makes it most of the way through, specially down low

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its supposed to put it up tp almost 175 at the crank, and looking at it i dont see that happening, its just to bad there are no other full systems availible, i would wait but because its an insurance thing i have to buy it from the dealer.

·
Registered
111 Posts
looking at you tube theres bikes being dynoed at 162 bhp but they are revving them all through every gear. the place i go to admits there figures are lower than other dynos here but that is because theres no fudge factors thrown in, there dyno has all the latest options to simulate road conditions, not just an inertia dyno free spinning a roller. i could go elsewhere but i want good honest figures.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea just remember though the figures you see for R1s and the like are all done on standard dyno jets with the fudge factor as well. BTW i assume your 70mm system didnt come with both header primary tubes as well?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
those numbers are a little disheartning for sure, however i would never be caught dead on an R1, around here at least you cant spit without hitting an R1 litterally everyone and thier mother rides one. IMO those are the most boring of the cookie cutter jap bikes. The only jap bike i ever owned was my first bike, a GSXR 750, and to be honest i never really cared for it all that much but it was a good bike and all i could afford at the time. Just glad i got my 1098 while they are still 15,000!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
those numbers are a little disheartning for sure, however i would never be caught dead on an R1, around here at least you cant spit without hitting an R1 litterally everyone and thier mother rides one. IMO those are the most boring of the cookie cutter jap bikes. The only jap bike i ever owned was my first bike, a GSXR 750, and to be honest i never really cared for it all that much but it was a good bike and all i could afford at the time. Just glad i got my 1098 while they are still 15,000!
Dude, you have issues. The R1 is a great bike, and mind you, by far the best looking jap bike (up until the new '07 came out IMO). Now that Ducati has dropped the prices with the 1098, you're going to see tons of them on the road as well in the next year or two. There's nothing boring about the R1. And by the way, the GSXR 750 won bike of the year last year. I've ridden one, and it's one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden. There may be a lot of them out there, but it's because they're great bikes. In case you haven't noticed, Ducati is going in the direction of the Japanese manufacturers, as far as production and cost, because they make a hell of a lot more money. Let's face it, Ducatis will never be as exclusive as they once were. Your bike is a cookie cutter bike just like all of ours. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1098, but it doesn't seem to have the quality of craftsmanship that the 999's and previous models once did.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anti

i will agree with you on some things, the new GSXR 750 is a great bike, one of my good friends owns one and i have ridden it and its a sweet bike, ugly IMO but a great bike. The GSXR im refering to was my first bike and was a 94 GSXR 750, a totally different machine from the new one. Secondly i have to agree that the quality of fit and finish on the 1098 is not as good as the previous bikes.
Now where i dissagree. The reason i say that about the R1 is that in this area anyway they are extreamly common, you would think we only had yamaha dealers in this state! when i have gone to the places where bikes gather around here, no exaggeration you will see R1s and R6s make up 45 out of the 50 bikes there, therefor the stigma of being super common at least here makes the bike boring IMO. however im sure it is a stellar performer. As far as the Ducati now becoming as common as jap bikes, i dont see that happening, more common then before, probably, however remember they are getting a price increase for 08 and the 1098 is still several thousand more than comperable jap bikes, whom in most cases make more power than the 1098. So more common? yes, common as jap liter bikes, never.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Antigravityman79 said:
Dude, you have issues. The R1 is a great bike, and mind you, by far the best looking jap bike (up until the new '07 came out IMO). Now that Ducati has dropped the prices with the 1098, you're going to see tons of them on the road as well in the next year or two. There's nothing boring about the R1. And by the way, the GSXR 750 won bike of the year last year. I've ridden one, and it's one of the best handling bikes I've ever ridden. There may be a lot of them out there, but it's because they're great bikes. In case you haven't noticed, Ducati is going in the direction of the Japanese manufacturers, as far as production and cost, because they make a hell of a lot more money. Let's face it, Ducatis will never be as exclusive as they once were. Your bike is a cookie cutter bike just like all of ours. Don't get me wrong, I love my 1098, but it doesn't seem to have the quality of craftsmanship that the 999's and previous models once did.
Looks like you need help getting home. Here you go!
www.r1-forum.com

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just received my full Termi system and it is complete. It DOES NOT REUSE any stock pieces.

The fact that is comes with a high performance air cleaner, carbon exhaust guard, ECM (BTW is probable worth $800.00) and nice bits to clean up the wiring is quite nice!!

The pipe is very well made. I like titanium but it wears out so fast.

It' a work of art. I paid $2300.00

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have not installed my full system yet, but did stop by the dealer today to take a look at it. You had me concerned there for a bit. Looks like mine is a complete full system. Does not use existing header.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmmm mine was in a sealed box, and the instructions also say you have to reuse your stock header pipe. WTF is goin on here??!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Stevelkinevil said:
hmmmmm mine was in a sealed box, and the instructions also say you have to reuse your stock header pipe. WTF is goin on here??!!!
I did not open my boxes. Looks like there are two strapped together. I don't want the shop to lose anything between now and my installation date.

The person I talked to at my shop insured me it was a full system and did not use the stock header.

Are they totally out to lunch or what. Maybe I should rip the boxes apart tomorrow and look for myself.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well that does it!! im taking this one back, i think the first few systems made you re-use your stock primary on one side, and the newer ones come with both primarys as it should for 2700 freakin dollars!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cdarling,
you should open it and look, mine came in 2 boxes strapped together as well, if you do and yours has 2 header pipes can you please post a pic? im curious weather there is any difference in the stock header and the supposed termi one for the rear head.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Antigravityman79 said:
Yeah, I guess I deserve that. I'm not a hater though. I do LOVE my 1098.
:stickpoke I was just razzing you. Were all on this site because we love the Duc.

Now this sucks what I'm reading...I may start looking for something else to put on my bike. The only reason I went with theTermi was b/c this was my first Duc and it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Does anyone know of a nice full TI system? I really liked my Akrapovic on my Gixxer. And there's a new TI Leo vince step header out getting great reviews but I don't think the 1098 appeals to those vendors. Maybe due to production numbers. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
I think I am just going to rock the Termi slip-on, full exhaust is kinda a waste for the street IMO plus the factory headers are pretty good now a days.

Jason

1 - 20 of 116 Posts