Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Man oh man, what a bummer I guess there is going to be a lot of dealer ducking and weaving on this one.
Don't let the barstards get away with this.
Now one very expensive paper weight.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been trying to dodge me, I have an attorney and I have evidence they destroyed my bike, I have videos of my bike smoking white/blue smoke from a friends GoPro camera and pictures, it was an oil fire, oil was everywhere when the bike started to smoke.
Man oh man, what a bummer I guess there is going to be a lot of dealer ducking and

·
Registered
2001 S4 Monster, 2010 CRF450R
1 Posts
Oh dear. So sorry to see that. I had a 916 spew oil out onto exhaust after dickhead mechanic overfilled it. Good luck

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear. So sorry to see that. I had a 916 spew oil out onto exhaust after dickhead mechanic overfilled it. Good luck
I have an attorney and I’m going all the way with this , this shit is crazy, how you gone burn my bike down and walk away like it’s my fault , fuck on , somebody gonna take justice in there own hands man fucking around with people

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an attorney and I’m going all the way with this , this shit is crazy, how you gone burn my bike down and walk away like it’s my fault , fuck on , somebody gonna take justice in there own hands man fucking around with people
Can I ask a simple question? Why do you not have insurance on the bike? And if so claim it, and hand the carrier the invoice for the repairs and tell them to carry on. I would not tell them anything else. They are bound to pay the claim. If they cannot prove you lit the bike on fire they have nothing. It will be much easier than chasing the dealer. Let the insurance company do that after they take care of your issue. That is if you have insurance. And if not on that ride I have no idea why not because that is what I am gathering from your posts. Who is the dealer as well. Let us know so we can avoid them. Where is the labor on the receipt. It also looks like you bought parts and did not have it repaired at the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I ask a simple question? Why do you not have insurance on the bike? And if so claim it, and hand the carrier the invoice for the repairs and tell them to carry on. I would not tell them anything else. They are bound to pay the claim. If they cannot prove you lit the bike on fire they have nothing. It will be much easier than chasing the dealer. Let the insurance company do that after they take care of your issue. That is if you have insurance. And if not on that ride I have no idea why not because that is what I am gathering from your posts. Who is the dealer as well. Let us know so we can avoid them. Where is the labor on the receipt. It also looks like you bought parts and did not have it repaired at the dealer.
You don’t make sense, yes I have insurance, this is not gonna be an insurance claim , the dealer fucked up my bike they are responsible , I got hurt and the dealer is ducati Detroit, they just repaired my bike the day before and it leaked oil on the headers and went up, I have an attorney and they are gonna be in court if they don’t pay up or replace my bike, my insurance has nothing to do with this, you get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don’t make sense, yes I have insurance, this is not gonna be an insurance claim , the dealer fucked up my bike they are responsible , I got hurt and the dealer is ducati Detroit, they just repaired my bike the day before and it leaked oil on the headers and went up, I have an attorney and they are gonna be in court if they don’t pay up or replace my bike, my insurance has nothing to do with this, you get it.
I make perfect sense. You are rambling on in three separate threads about the bike being damaged. I am terribly sorry you were hurt. I am terribly sorry the bike is destroyed, But it seems you are the one who doesn't get it. I know your pissed but be thankful you are alive and all I asked was a simple question. Best of luck. Side not if you have a reputable insurance company than they have more horsepower than what you are doing now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I make perfect sense. You are rambling on in three separate threads about the bike being damaged. I am terribly sorry you were hurt. I am terribly sorry the bike is destroyed, But it seems you are the one who doesn't get it. I know your pissed but be thankful you are alive and all I asked was a simple question. Best of luck. Side not if you have a reputable insurance company than they have more horsepower than what you are doing now.
And again are you an attorney? You don't make sense at all, the insurance will pay out the coast of the bike but not replace my bike or pay for my pain and suffering, nobody told you to comment on this post, I have second degree burns and the dealer is responsible for my bike being destroyed as they are trying to cover it up, they did work on my bike the previous day and the next day it caught fire as they are trying to blame it on another reason, it’s seals behind this part they installed and it was a oil fire, as I was riding the bike the oil got on my headers blew blue/white smoke cause that’s what oil burns right? I got hurt, you get it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
And again are you an attorney? You don't make sense at all, the insurance will pay out the coast of the bike but not replace my bike or pay for my pain and suffering, nobody told you to comment on this post, I have second degree burns and the dealer is responsible for my bike being destroyed as they are trying to cover it up, they did work on my bike the previous day and the next day it caught fire as they are trying to blame it on another reason, it’s seals behind this part they installed and it was a oil fire, as I was riding the bike the oil got on my headers blew blue/white smoke cause that’s what oil burns right? I got hurt, you get it?
No because if I was I would not be for long. I would drop you for acting like a child. Have a great day and good luck with your rambling. It will always further your position by acting like a tool.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I can't imagine the dealer messing up a seal on the gearbox sensor so badly, if they did and it can be proven then that'll be good for you. Personally a sensor with the seal on it is almost impossible to mess up on install. Even if the seal is pinched its unlikely to be spraying enough oil to cause an actual fire.
From the dealers perspective, there have been numerous recalls on the V4 for petrol lines and breathers, by fitting an aftermarket filler you could have changed this which can cause a pressure build up and an overflow condition that could be ignited. This is mentioned on the Recall/TSB threads for the V4 on this very forum.
Good luck with your case, keep us informed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts