Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have 900 miles on my 1098S and one track day. I love the bike but am I the only one amazed it does not have a gear indicator? Does anyone have a solution?

Next on my wish list is an automatic lap timer upgrade.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yeah, my Daytona 675's got one too and I find it very a nice feature. I miss it on the 1098 , and it would have been so easy for them to include it too :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
suryad said:
Surprised they dont have it. Is there a neutral indicator?? Is there a fuel gauge?
neutral light-yes
fuel gauge-no
fuel light-yes

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
slob said:
I find when I change up and there are no more gears I'm going too fast, other than that who needs it.
:yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Gear indicators are great, it's a nice feature IMO. I do use mine, not all the time of course but I do use it and find it to come in very handy from time to time.

Jason

ps. Bluegauges makes some great stuff, I turst that guy.

Don't over look the Acumen, it's great!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I guess that motogp style dash has obvious restrictions with the lack of a gear indicator and fuel gauge. But then again Rossi and co prob dont need to look at gear indicators...and fuel gauges...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Gear indicators are just a distraction IMO. You're either in the right gear or you're not. Maybe if it had reverse I'd find it useful. :)

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
What I have learned,

suryad said:
Surprised they dont have it. Is there a neutral indicator?? Is there a fuel gauge?
After 25 years of riding Ducati on the street,
when your ass hurts, stop for gas and espresso. If you are young and run out of gas before your ass hurts, you will learn as you get older.
As far as gear indicator, I go by, when you run out of gears and RPM, that is fast enough. Unless its time for new sprockets.
:moped:

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Just kidding, just feeling my age.
I never want to go back to the good old days.
Left hand kick start. Right shift. Generator that wont charge your battery.
Tech is my friend. Next year traction control?

G

·
Just kidding, just feeling my age.
I never want to go back to the good old days.
Left hand kick start. Right shift. Generator that wont charge your battery.
Tech is my friend. Next year traction control?
Not to mention adjusting those desmo heads every bloody second week and having to pull them off. Carby that constantly run out of sinc. At least there is a neutral now that's a plus although I still go by feel and just look to see if the bike feels the way I do about where we are. As for fuel gauge I use the trip A for fuel and trip B for overall milage on run.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its a nice feature, but I don't mind not having it! If its there I would pay more attention to it! hehe

·
Registered
179 Posts
Stimacsays said:
After 25 years of riding Ducati on the street,
when your ass hurts, stop for gas and espresso. If you are young and run out of gas before your ass hurts, you will learn as you get older.
As far as gear indicator, I go by, when you run out of gears and RPM, that is fast enough. Unless its time for new sprockets.
:moped:
You made me chuckle sir!:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Does the Acumen work with 1098? I have it installed on my R6, if it does then I will just remove it prior to trading it in

1 - 20 of 23 Posts