Ducati.org forum banner

gearing change

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sixfive 
#1 ·
Searched the forum but could not find any posts regarding the topic which I find hard to believe. Probably need a refresher course on how to search . . .
Anyways, I'd like to find out if anybody has changed the gearing on their Multistrada. I'm about due for new chain/sprockets and I am seriously considering going up a couple teeth in the back. Seems the stock gearing on the bike is rather tall. It certainly is very rideable but can't shake the feeling that bringing things down a bit would improve rideability.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
update . . .

just thought I post a quick update on gearing change. Did end up with a 525 conversion & 42T in the back and I'm happy to report bike has been transformed! Absolutely amazing what a difference it is!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
After hearing feedback from a few others on the forum and reading many posts on the same topic I thought it would be nice to just drop a little bit of unsprung weight on the back but the main reason was that by using the slightly lighter chain, everything should be worn fairly even and replaced at the same time as opposed to needing to replace just the sprockets while the chain still has a lot of life left . . . I'll be curious to find out myself whether thats the case or not . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.