Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having decided to go ahead with the purchase of a 1098. I walked in to my local dealer (which will remain nameless) with the cash ready to go. The young sales guy looked at my '05CBR 600RR (low K's) which I was trading and said he thought it would get 10'000 to 10'500 on a trade, which I thought was a fair price, but he would have to check with his boss first!! An hour later he called to say his boss had said "there is no way I am paying 10'000 for a CBR" Guys, I know its a great bike and they are going to sell by themselves, and alot of them at that. But please. Don't get so full of your own self importance.
At the end of the day.....you are only a sales person....and its only a bike!!!
I was offered the price I wanted at another dealer. But in the end I ended up getting a Triumph daytona 675....obviously you don't need the money!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the very last minute on the way to triumph dealer I changed my mind and am now the proud owner of a 2001 996 with 2000 k's on the clock....very happy man.
As a first time Ducati owner I will be looking for lots of help and advise.
Thanks all

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Give Spotto a break.. He's just coming back and the Post Whores have invaded EVERY other fricken thread..

He just want to get noticed..

Don't you worry Spot.. you go trawl up any thread you like.. Off you go now.. Way you go..

Hey... See Spot run..

Run Spot Run..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts