Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, thought I'd share this:

I ordered my 821 this weekend 馃槉 Woohoo !!!

But besides my excitement, when I was chatting to the sales guy I asked about the GIPro gear indicator and his response was that it wasn't available for the 821 yet. Anyway, I emailed Healtech US and asked about compatibility and their guy said that the part no. GPDS-D02-RD is suitable provided it has the latest firmware version (C07), which was devised specifically for the 821. I have ordered this from Bikers Discount Store who I rang to confirm the firmware version with. They were very helpful, as were Healtech.

I'm not sure if this is common knowledge so thought it might help people who are under the same misapprehension as my Ducati dealer. (I'm satisfied that they genuinely weren't aware)

Waiting impatiently for my bike to arrive in UK now.......feel like a kid waiting for Xmas lol.

Registered
i would like a gear indicator for my 821 as well, the only way i know im in 6th is when i reach 120 i'm at 5x rpm then 94km is about 4xprm and the engine feels more relaxed, but its always the 3rd and 2nd gear that get me every time. ill get use to it but a gear indicator would be great.

Got my Ducati alarm as well. the dealer couldnt even explain to me how it work they just said here are the instructions.. F*&^ idiots!

Registered
Installed the gipro you mentioned with c07 firmware in 15 minutes. In white color it is very good readable. Its small and could attach it to the brake fluid bucket. Works great. 鈧117 in the Netherlands

Registered
I Have installed the GiPro gear indicator and it works perfectly, just make sure the software version of the indicator is C09.

Registered
I've been thinking od the OEM. I would be intrested to know where the alarm box is installed. Any chance of a picture?

I just installed mine on my 1098 and what a cool toy it is. Like my friend says it takes the guessing out of the ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts