Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody have any experience with the GIVI tank bag w/ the quick lock on their 848? I'm more interested in the fitment and duribility of it being used in everyday commute. Pros vs Cons. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've used the bag on my two previous bikes, a ninja 650 and a ninja 1k. The bag and mount are plenty durable.

I haven't tried it on the 848 yet since it needs different mounting hardware, and I'm not convinced the bag will fit nicely between tank and rider given the aggressive riding position on the 848.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just an idea, I find a small back pack very useful and comfortable on my 848. If you're riding solo ducati has a nice tail bag.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've used the bag on my two previous bikes, a ninja 650 and a ninja 1k. The bag and mount are plenty durable.

I haven't tried it on the 848 yet since it needs different mounting hardware, and I'm not convinced the bag will fit nicely between tank and rider given the aggressive riding position on the 848.
That's what I was thinking regarding the aggressive body position that the bag might be in the way more so than a standard bike. I like the 3D604 model cause you can put your smart phone on top as I use my google maps as a gps.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just an idea, I find a small back pack very useful and comfortable on my 848. If you're riding solo ducati has a nice tail bag.
I have the no drag Ogio back pack that I normally use but can't use that to carry dinner when I'm heading home from my commute. The tank bag can keep things flat.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My jacket has a hump so I find backpacks uncomfortable. I use the ducati performance tail bag. Plenty of space, more than an average tank bag. I'm only 6' but I do notice it doesn't let me scoot back quite as far as I'd like if I try to go full tuck, but I never really do that anyway so no big deal.

One thing to look out for if anyone gets one, if you don't tighten the bag on the seat/cowl tightly enough, and it moves around with vibration etc, it will shine up the matte finish around the perimeter. This is because it uses a kind of skirt to wrap around the seat and if loose it rubs matte finishes and leaves little shiny spots. Live and learn...

·
Registered
395 Posts
That's what I was thinking regarding the aggressive body position that the bag might be in the way more so than a standard bike. I like the 3D604 model cause you can put your smart phone on top as I use my google maps as a gps.

Check out "tech mounts". I have one for my 848 to clip my galaxy s4 to the top of the fork tubes. They are made out of aluminum and blend right in with the bike!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts