Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this or have any pointers for changing the rearsets. No YT how to vids that I can see out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Pretty straight forward change. The shift side is super simple. The brake side was a little more tricky than the other Superbikes due to where the brake master is located. Getting the rear brake master attached and working properly took some adjusting but you'll see it when you start taking things apart. The rear brake master system change is very similar to how the Japanese designed their rear brake systems. If you've ever put rear sets on a Gixxer or R1, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate, need to roll the sleeves up and get in there. I wont have to bleed the system will I ?

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Nope you shouldn't have to. No lines need to come off unless you use a bleeder pressure switch but it's not difficult if need be. Just be sure when you adjust the rear brake master play to leave a smidge of play in it or you'll pump up the rear brake when you least expect it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I did get it all together last night, had a few days laid up after a fall (damaged ligaments in ankle). Will post pics tonight, promise !

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Those are pretty good looking. What was the cost?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hadnt put them on at that point, had to take them appart to fit the loctite, the pic was during the "dry" run - good eyes though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts