Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i canceled the bst wheels i had on order and ordered the marchesini magnesium gold 7 spoke we are trying to get the rear to be made at 17 x 6.25 if not the 6.0 rear should be fine right

can anyone photoshop these wheels on the team colour desmo thanks

Reactions: rmc777

· Registered
228 Posts
Mate, I have done the very same thing although I've just gone for the standard 6x17" rear option. Should be with me in the next few weeks.

I had a friend do a quick photoshop for me to get an idea of colour match for my bike, rosso.. Wheels are obviously not the same, but the colour 95% is, so it kinda works.

I also found a gold M7RR wheel on the interwebthingy. This colour is a bit off from what I'll be getting, but it's close.

Attachments

· Registered
228 Posts
Brave, I know - the cost is scary...!!

Anyways, my original thought was to have the wheels the same colour as Stefan Bradl's LCR Honda (sacrilege, I know), but they do look fantastic on the move and when stationary. Then I thought, oh Superleggera colour as they are super cool, but alas, I can't have them that way from Marchesini... Something to do with legal agreements with Ducati... fair enough I guess.

So, back to plan A for me. I can always paint them later if I choose...

I've not long ordered a set of Kompe M10RS wheels for my 1198SP in the gold that will be the same as the Desmo wheels (see pic). Fingers crossed they come out just as eye popping..!!

Attachments

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

yah i jut wanted to go with somthing a lil different the waits really long 6 to 9 week lol

Reactions: rmc777

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
u should try and see if they havnt started on urs if they can do 6.25 for ur rear and mention a set from canada that put in a special request

· Registered
228 Posts
I'd think most defiantly longer. The wheels they make for the desmo are made to order and as such, they fit them in when they can... I've worked with many Italian companies like this, they have large long term contracts to fulfill and these little jobs just sit on the side....

6.25", why did you go for them? My front and rear's are made, just waiting to be treated and painted.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what performance shop down here suggested what u thinking just leave it as is

· Registered
228 Posts
thats what performance shop down here suggested what u thinking just leave it as is

What are you using your bike for?

To be honest, I'd stick with standard sizes for wheels. The OEM wheel is 6.25x16, so that may be where it's come from, but as you know the tyres to fit this are unobtainium...

If you go for a 6.25x17, sure you'll get tyres for them, but their x-section will be widened and flatted - that may be what you're looking for of course.

IIRC, the reason that Ducati went for the 6.25x16 a the time was due to a tie-up with bridgestone (Ducati superbikes have always had Pirelli rubber), and to make the rear wheel appear"fatter" to match the appearance of the GP6/GP7.

· Registered
378 Posts
Mate, I have done the very same thing although I've just gone for the standard 6x17" rear option. Should be with me in the next few weeks.

I had a friend do a quick photoshop for me to get an idea of colour match for my bike, rosso.. Wheels are obviously not the same, but the colour 95% is, so it kinda works.

I also found a gold M7RR wheel on the interwebthingy. This colour is a bit off from what I'll be getting, but it's close.
Any news on these have they arrived yet..!!?? :yo:

· Registered
87 Posts
I ordered my black Marchesini 17 X 6 rear from Motowheels on April 1, and it just arrived today! I am over the moon, because my wife gave me a track day for our wedding anniversary and I really wanted to ride the D16RR, but was not willing to take the chance of riding on the old Bridgestones.
Since the bike is going to be a streetbike most of the time and do only a couple of trackdays a year, I decided on trying Dunlop Q3's on it. They have been great on the street on my other bikes, and I can't see buying slicks for just one track day. I haven't been on the track on in 13 years, so I figured that I would just take it easy and slowly work up to speed. I would think that the Dunlops would be ok for that. I can borrow some tire warmers, if my friend can find them in their garage, but I don't know if I really need them.

Hopefully Marchesini did a run of D16RR wheels and everybody else's wheels will come soon.

Brian

Attachments

· Registered
258 Posts
Since the bike is going to be a streetbike most of the time and do only a couple of trackdays a year, I decided on trying Dunlop Q3's on it. They have been great on the street on my other bikes, and I can't see buying slicks for just one track day. I haven't been on the track on in 13 years, so I figured that I would just take it easy and slowly work up to speed. I would think that the Dunlops would be ok for that. I can borrow some tire warmers, if my friend can find them in their garage, but I don't know if I really need them.

Brian
Brian-- The Q3's are great tires- they will do the job nicely for your revival track day- just control you wrist in turns so you do not spin up much. Doubt you will need warmers.

I have no idea what pressures to run on Q3's for the track- perhaps 23/30 cold and see how many pounds they went up on the track. May be worth asking around.

· Registered
458 Posts
Q3s are amazing tires and you won't need warmers. As always, take the first few laps easy (which is a given with the gap since your last track day). If you can, put some street miles on them to break 'em in a little bit.

As far as air pressure goes, I've always ran 30/30 in my Q2/Q3s and they handled it well. Wore perfectly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.