Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Currently I have a Ducati 899 and I love everything about it except I do want a little more grunt. I was looking into picking up a BMW s1000rr when I came across a new 2016 1299s demo with 90 miles for $19k. Now I'm seriously thinking about trading my bike in for it and skipping the BMW (for now). Is the 1299s worth the trade or should I hold onto my bike and leave room for the BMW or something similar? I'm not planning on tracking either bike, I'll pick up an older gsxr/r6 if I want to do that. Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have test ridden the BMW and I though it was an awesome bike. It's difference from the Panigalies is what initially lead me to it and I could definitely see myself using it on longer rides. The crazy power is there but it was also nice and subdued when I wanted it to be. My thoughts were to have both and use the 899 for when I was feeling rambunctious or wanted the visceral experience of a Ducati. I can do that with the 899 but if I trade for the 1299s I'll have to wait at least another year before I can get another bike. However, I do enjoy a lot of night riding and the lights on the 899 are terrible. I've heard the LEDs on the 1299s are much better.

I'll take the 1299 out this week if I can and try to make a decision. I'm really asking myself if the 1299s is THAT much better as to give up the option of having two bikes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts