Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Neil. David Emmett ( from motomatters ) and Jensen Beeler ( from Asphalt and rubber are friends and have given me permission to repeat articles here as long as it's just the first couple or few paragraphs and contains then a link to the original article. Given what we originally planned for the site last year i think that could be extended to yourself. Makes for a better post if there is a little substance to tease the reader over. Works for both sites.

So I'll add:

______

The situation at Ducati was the talk of the paddock in Barcelona. With Andrea Dovizioso, Andrea Iannone, and Cal Crutchlow being linked to Suzuki. With Crutchlow having a contract for 2015, Ducati is keen to retain the services of both Dovizioso and Iannone.

Iannone is openly pushing for a seat in the factory Ducati team, and so the Bologna factory faces a series of complex contract negotiations. To check on the state of play with Ducati, we cornered Ducati Corse’s MotoGP Project Director Paolo Ciabatti.

What was meant to be just a brief chat turned into a much longer conversation, on a range of subjects. Ciabatti gave his view of the situation with Cal Crutchlow, as well as his hopes of retaining both Andrea Dovizioso and Andrea Iannone.

link to full article in Wera's post above

Thanks. Ignore if you don't want to take advantage of that.

Oh and in addition, I have a huge amount of respect for David. He's not come through the established journalism ranks , in fact Dorna only put up with him in my opinion because he's become the absolute go to site for world class race news. He can rub them up the wrong way. He can rub the readers up the wrong way but he speaks with a great honesty and teams often have a more relaxed manner with him knowing he's not out to screw them over for sensationalism. That often leads to tidbits of info that you won't read this elsewhere. I know that as fact as in the past I've picked up some secrets and been sworn to not divulge them only for David to pop up with them later. people are comfortable with him. I really respect and enjoy his casual unorthodox but insightful writing. I urge you all to bookmark Both sites.

·
Banned
5,501 Posts
Yep interesting stuff, especially about Cal.

I have a feeling he'll want to try the new bike before he makes a decision.

Dovi to Suzuki? Yea… I can see that.

Iannone will replace whoever leaves at the factory team, we know that already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts