• Desmosedici RR

Votes: 25 75.8%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys

May i ask your guy? I just got a chance to own another Desmosedici 2500miles in a prestige Condition with Most of Motogp stuff on it like Ohlins FGR300, Brembo Nickel P4 Monoblock, Etc. Now my concern is should i get this bike or get 1199 superleggera. My personal doesn't like 1199 superleggera because it just normal 1199 with some little mod add to it. It cant compare to the Desmosedici which is Motogp bike. I add some picture for your guy for reference.
Should i keep another Desmo or shouldn't. Sorry for my English - JAY - :dance:

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
The SL doesn't just have a "little mod" added to it. There's over 200 new part numbers for it. I think you're hung up on the fact it still looks like the next guy's base Panigale for the most part, and I can understand that. I'd get the SL anyway, you already have a fucking RR.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'd go for the RR and send me the one you already have

Reactions: Tchase

·
Registered
576 Posts
Desmo cause twins are awesome to party with!!
The "Desmo" we're refering to is a 4 cylinder not a twin. The word has also been used to describe the valve train ("Desmodronic") that ducati has used for years, but in this case, the use of the word "Desmo"is short for the model name of this particular Ducati, The "Desmosedici" (D16rr)….

·
Registered
457 Posts
The "Desmo" we're refering to is a 4 cylinder not a twin. The word has also been used to describe the valve train ("Desmodronic") that ducati has used for years, but in this case, the use of the word "Desmo"is short for the model name of this particular Ducati, The "Desmosedici" (D16rr)….

I could be wrong but if he gets a second Desmo he'll have two, or twins. I think that's what he was talking about when he said twins.

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Yep The OP is talking about getting another Desmo so that would make 2 which is twins. Trust me I'm very familiar with the "Desmo" or D16RR.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I want your life problems. It seems like you're set on another Desmo, so might as well just do that. If I was in your situation I'd get the SL; the iconic GP streetbike (Desmo) and the latest and greatest that's sure to be a collector's item one day (SL).

·
DucatiSpot Ambassador
498 Posts
The SL doesn't just have a "little mod" added to it. There's over 200 new part numbers for it. I think you're hung up on the fact it still looks like the next guy's base Panigale for the most part, and I can understand that. I'd get the SL anyway, you already have a fucking RR.

2nd RR 100% SL has no racing heritage - love the Panigale but it's even won a race yet! SL or no SL...

·
Registered
576 Posts
I could be wrong but if he gets a second Desmo he'll have two, or twins. I think that's what he was talking about when he said twins.
Yep The OP is talking about getting another Desmo so that would make 2 which is twins. Trust me I'm very familiar with the "Desmo" or D16RR.
Ooops, my bad...:blind:

·
Registered
457 Posts
2nd RR 100% SL has no racing heritage - love the Panigale but it's even won a race yet! SL or no SL...
Davies won in Aragon in April, and he's been on numerous podiums this year, too. To say there's no racing heritage with the SL is absurd. That's like saying there's no racing heritage with Ducatis. Granted, the RR is the closest thing to a GP bike in looks and technology (back in 2007/8) but if it wasn't for Stoner (on the 800 version), the GP bike wouldn't have done shit!

I would love to see a track comparison between the two bikes.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts