Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 07-ST3-S i did a service job on it by replacing the 2 o-rings on the clutch rod and the o-ring on the piston assembly.When i pulled the rod out it had some engine oil on it,was real clean.Is this normal ? and does the clutch housing or bearing have an oil seal to stop this ? This all started by having a small leak as it was draining out my clutch res. and leaving a penny size oil drop.This is the reason i replaced the o-rings.Another thing is the clutch slave seems to have some kind of seep hole on the inside,whats this for ? thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wet Clutch I Have

Wet clutch it is.Man i wish there was a name on that slave so i could look up the schematics on it and what is the purpose of that tiny pee hole on the inside.:confused:

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It's absolutely going to have oil on it. The whole shaft should be drenched in oil. That's why there are o rings at the end, they help keep the oil out so it doesn't go into the slave cylinder or worse, drip onto the ground.

I haven't seen the seep hole, can you take a pix?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tuned i would really like to find a picture but i need to know the name on the oem slave thats on the bike..I emailed Munroe Ducati hope to hear from them.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The slaves are made specifically for Ducati and they haven't changed much in decades. So you won't find a name, they're officially a 'Ducati' part.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The slaves are made specifically for Ducati and they haven't changed much in decades. So you won't find a name, they're officially a 'Ducati' part.
,,I'll find out tomorrow just what the heck it is...:)

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Actually they have changed a little on the 848..
Yep, they had to change it a tiny bit for the T pin push rod, but the physical design remains the same. It's just milled slightly different.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all

please excuse my stupidity , I own a 2013 696 monster , how will I know if it has ABS
sorry for the dumb question , it does deserve the answer , go out when its raining and slam the front brake on and see if it low sides ?

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts