Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am in the process of installing my GP7 exhaust. The front exhaust fit perfectly, but i am having problems with the rear muffler.
Looking at the outlet of the tip of the rear muffler, it is welded to the can at an angle (pointing to the right), so in order to get the outlet tip straight and centered, the muffler has to cocked to the left and tipped at an angle.
The header pipes kind of allow this as everything is held on by springs and you have some movement in the whole system.
But the rear strap/bracket that hangs the can and the L-shaped bracket that mounts to the side of the seat don't have enough, if any adjustment to allow the muffler tip to be straight and centered. They want to pull the tip to the right and everything is under tension. I have tried multiple times, but without bending the bracket on the muffler for the seat "L" bracket and re-drilling the hole in the strap bracket, I don't see how I can get the tip straight and centered.
Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks!
Brian

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can't really help, but I have noticed that the rear muffler's tip leans to the right, like you say. I haven't had my system fitted yet but if/when it is, I would like the tip to be centred in the hole in the tail - as it should be.

Perhaps it needs to be cut and re-welded, but I hope not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.