Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone heard of or used any GPS tracking devices that you can place onto your motorcycle. I'm thinking of finding one and keeping it on my bike at all times in case some ass hat tries to steal it. This way I could just use some iPhone app to track the person down. I wouldn't know who they are. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people that steal bikes, especially mine. If they let my bike go, I won't look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and I will kill them.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I use to use Blackline Gps tracker.
Had nothing but trouble with both customer service and the unit itself.
The unit would break down for no reason at all. Completely lost its signal.
Not reliable, terrible, terrible customer service.

Looking at Spot Tracker.

·
Registered
81 Posts
In the UK we have Bike Trac, sold by Road Angel.
Works really well.
Includes a Crash Alert to nominated numbers if your bike leans past a set amount and is traveling above a certain speed. Can't remember the numbers, so Google it for details ��

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I bought my Ducati from the dealer they offered a GPS device that would protect the retail value of the bike if it was to ever get stolen. It isn't accessible from a user standpoint but if you ever get it stolen you report it to the company and they reimburse you the value difference of what the insurance pays.

Basically a way to get your full value back.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll look into Scorpio Ride. I do keep my bike locked up in a garage at friends house but sometimes I'd rather just cover it outside of my own. (Less of a hassle)

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
TKstar GPS Tracker

in Oz.. but our dollar is shit at the moment so bettter for you.

You could even attach it into your roller garage door and when the movement sensor triggers it can call you.

We use a cheap Sim $5 sim card that comes with credit and has a 12 month value life.

If you can put it under the seat perhaps and tap into your battery charge circuit it would stay charged all the time.

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
rLink

Best on the market. I have them installed on both mine. They are so accurate. They have GPS tracking, smartphone apps, motion detection, tip detection, and text messaging alerts.

I let my girl ride my bike to work one morning. When the bike moves and you don't deactivate the alarm it will send you a text message every 10 secs.

So she went to work, my phone was blowing up the whole time. I knew exactly when she got to work.

So about an hour goes by and my phone starts blowing up again. So I called my girl and told her to go check my bike. She checked it out and nothing was a miss.

Confused, she starts asking around at work if anyone saw anyone messing with the Ducati. No one fesses up at first, but soon one of the doctors said "ok, I was looking at it."

Then she asked him, well did you sit on it or move it? At first he said "no" but then he came forth and said yes, he sat on it. She then told him about the GPS and alerts.

He was amazed! and had no idea...

·
Registered
346 Posts
rLink

Best on the market. I have them installed on both mine. They are so accurate. They have GPS tracking, smartphone apps, motion detection, tip detection, and text messaging alerts.

I let my girl ride my bike to work one morning. When the bike moves and you don't deactivate the alarm it will send you a text message every 10 secs.

So she went to work, my phone was blowing up the whole time. I knew exactly when she got to work.

So about an hour goes by and my phone starts blowing up again. So I called my girl and told her to go check my bike. She checked it out and nothing was a miss.

Confused, she starts asking around at work if anyone saw anyone messing with the Ducati. No one fesses up at first, but soon one of the doctors said "ok, I was looking at it."

Then she asked him, well did you sit on it or move it? At first he said "no" but then he came forth and said yes, he sat on it. She then told him about the GPS and alerts.

He was amazed! and had no idea...
Ride is an evolution of the rLink

1 - 11 of 11 Posts