Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes out to all the gents out there who presently have or will be looking to purchase a GPS tracking enabled alarm system for your 1098.

I'm interested in these particular systems and am starting to do some research on what available and what's good for the $$.

Does anyone have any information they'd like to share. It would be much appreciated.

I'm from Canada, so my preference would be to purchase one from a Canadian distributor but would be willing to to deal within the US if no Canadian options are available.

Smeegle.

·
Registered
458 Posts
http://www.trakgps.com/shop/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=63

Here a good system look like but i'm not sure about the 150 hrs of tracking. Is the device recharge when running or if you have to replace a battry evrey 150 hrs.

Nice stuf is you receive a phone call on your cell if alarm is triger or bike moved.

I just spoke with my Viper dealer in Montreal and he told me to forget about it....problem is the power supply.....suck to mutch juice....

i'm interested in that system too !

·
Registered
458 Posts
My dealer told me that is hard to fit an alarm sys because the lack of space.

The Viper is even too big and the are installing Merlin (same brand Directed) cause the back up battery is build in.

I use to have a Viper with a pager....it work find but not very far.

Sorpion look like a good choice with the FM frequency and 1/2 mile range.

But we have a problem here in Quebec....most insurance company required an alarm....and a Viper only !

Found this forum; http://www.trakgps.com/phpbb/

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alarms, disc locks, chains, anchors, they all serve a specific purpose. If I could carry a ground achnor with me or a chain to tie it to something that can't be moved, I'd be happy. Unfortunately, that's not realistic.

These days, bikes are physically picked up and transported off, I'm looking for something that gives me a heads up the moment it's moved and keeps telling me where it is so I can tell the appropriate authorities (yeah, like me and my 44, just kiddin..) where to go look for it...

Some good suggestions thus far and thanks. :D

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
smeelge, I dont think your kidding, I am not.
Bike theieves, like vandals, and grafitti painters need shot.
Then, and only then will it stop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts