Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share my experience yesterday. Had a great day! It was hot and sunny, everyone seemed to have a good time!

Day was sold out, and the groups were pretty crowded.
They broke the groups down to Intro school /Intro /Novice /Advanced/Expert- i think because of the day being sold out. The 2 lower groups had 15 minute sessions, everyone else had 20 min sessions. So- a little less track time overall, which was ok with me, considering the heat.

A bunch of people crashed- 1 person every one of my sessions... again, i think due to it being sold out and people getting a little stupid at times. It has never been like that before.

I fought with a bad oil pressure switch, and purely by chance once of the coaches (whom I havent seen since last season) was the service manager for my dealership. He is a great dude, and brought his 996 yesterday. We swapped sensors to troubleshoot, then chased each other around the track. OKOK- it was me chasing him.

At the end of the day he told me he would bump me to advanced if I wanted, but I declined. But it made me feel AWESOME!

Had my 4 month old with us. Made a great day even better

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Excellent story.. glad to see the wife and kids involved too !

Should have taken a ride down; haven't visited NJMP in a while.

Track duty must have been murder with the 90+ degree temperatures.

Reactions: gunther19820

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Glad to hear that you had an amazing time. Did the track last year and would go back in a heartbeat. Definitely trying to get another TD in before the season is over. Have you been to Pocono?
I have been. I did the East/West course there last year. It was awesome!

I am going back next Sunday to run the FUSA North/South course. With ACE.
Come!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I have been. I did the East/West course there last year. It was awesome!

I am going back next Sunday to run the FUSA North/South course. With ACE.

Come!

I did the east course earlier this year, had an okay time because I rode the bike there and back, and strained my left hipflexor a few days before. I'm strongly considering coming through, it's either this or the Sept 4th at NJMP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.