Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had time to take a few pictures of All the Street bikes.

Attachments

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Outlaw said:
You and I need to hang out.:)
If your in town, let me know when you wnat to go for a ride.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I am. Look me up when you are in town.

Dan

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
h100rr said:
How is the summer wheather in Arizonia. I am looking to move down that way where are you located.
115*+ "but its a DRY HEAT"

· Premium Member
2,750 Posts
living in a convection oven

h100rr said:
How is the summer wheather in Arizona?
h100rr,

How's the summer weather in Arizona? In a word, "Unbearable!" I spent some time there a few summers back. It was horrible. Hot like you wouldn't believe. All the people who live there like to say things like, "Yeah, it's hot, but it doesn't feel hot, 'cause there's no humidity!," or, "It's a 'dry heat'!" To that I say: "Baloney!" I felt like if I heard that one more time, my head was gonna explode! Don't fall for that line! Hot is hot. When it's 110 degrees outiside, it is of no comfort that there's "no humidity."

Imagine living inside a convection oven. That's Arizona in the summer.

Elton

· Registered
84 Posts
mrinflux said:
h100rr,

How's the summer weather in Arizona? In a word, "Unbearable!" I spent some time there a few summers back. It was horrible. Hot like you wouldn't believe. All the people who live there like to say things like, "Yeah, it's hot, but it doesn't feel hot, 'cause there's no humidity!" To that I say: "Baloney!" I felt like if I heard that one more time, my head was gonna explode! Don't fall for that line! Hot is hot. When it's 110 degrees outiside, it is of no comfort that there's "no humidity."

Imagine living inside a convection oven. That's Arizona in the summer.

Elton
Thanks for the advice. I plan on going down this summer to check the weather before I make my decision.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have two hot months but the rest of the year is just Beautifull. Our hot season is also the off season. Its like the cold winters back east.

· Premium Member
2,750 Posts
fire and ice

DM1 said:
Our hot season is also the off season. Its like the cold winters back east.
DM1

Not exactly. When it's really cold out, one can stay warm by dressing appropriately. But when it's 110 degrees outside, the only way to cool off is to go indoors, into an air-conditioned environment. There is no way to cool off outside. This inablility to adapt to one's outside environment with appropriate clothing is an important difference. I understand that one can dress for the heat, (ie, loose, light clothing that shields against the sun,) but in the end, you're still hot as hell!

When I lived in Norway, where Winter is seriously cold and long, my father-in-law told me, "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing." I took his advice to heart. Of course, he never lived in Arizona, and his words of wisdom are much less applicable to the desert.

BTW, beautiful collection!

Elton

· Registered
335 Posts
110 hot???? No way, that is nice temp! Here is Qatar the summer temp is between 45C (cool day) and 58C!!

Winter temp is currently 35C in the day and night temp is 28C, and we are already 2 months into winter. The coldest it gets in mid peak winter is 15C for a few days only!

Enjoy the cool climate guys!

AZ sounds like a nice place compared to this

· Registered
560 Posts
I use to ride all year round from 1999 to 2006 when I left. Yeah, it's a dry heat except during monsoon season (August) when it's hot and humid. :) After your first summer, you get use to the 110 degree heat.

Also, those water vests, like the Joe Rocket Sahara vest, do help - although they're really glorified wet t-shirts. While moving at 80mph, it's enough to give you a chill even if the it's 110 degrees. The downside is that after 20 mintues or so, it starts to dry and then it stop blocking the air flow through the mesh jacket. Oh, the other downside is you're dripping wet before you ride.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its only hot the first summer then you get used to it. In fact you get so used to it that is seems a little cold when it 75* outside. At 65* people here start to wear jackets. HA HA!

· Registered
1,937 Posts
I spent sometime in Phoenix during summer and it was the most awfull experience of my life. Elton is right on the money...don't believe the story about the "hot but dry"...perhaps that might be the true feeling of someone who is used to live there....I would not go back for nothing and if I would have to I'd make it in the midle of winter for Xmas or something.
Ciao

· Registered
346 Posts
I grew up in Arizona, lived in Florida... so I thought I knew what heat was like. Both dry and hot. Neither on can compare to the Persian Gulf in the summer. That is flat out the most miserable heat you can imagine. Not only is it 115-120 like Arizona, but it's got Florida's humidity. Shear misery. Worst place I've ever been.

· Registered
1,115 Posts
hornetball said:
I grew up in Arizona, lived in Florida... so I thought I knew what heat was like. Both dry and hot. Neither on can compare to the Persian Gulf in the summer. That is flat out the most miserable heat you can imagine. Not only is it 115-120 like Arizona, but it's got Florida's humidity. Shear misery. Worst place I've ever been.
No wonder they're all so cranky...:cussing:

· Site sponsor
879 Posts
I have a customer in Qatar and heads up to these guys. Not only do they have 115-120 degrees during the day they ride a 1098 that is putting out enough heat already. Ever thought how much sand they have to deal with? Must be a nightmare keeping it off the bikes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.