Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Australia purchased a cable using a FTDi chipset?

I'm now on my second cable with the crap CH340 chip even though the last one stated it was FTDI

A local one would be great but maybe I have to get one from the US. US guys please chime in if you have purchased one as well.

Thankyou Guys

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi

the timing of this thread amazes me...

I too have some cables that didn't work with ducatidiag, tried guzzidiag last night no success. 3 different drivers (14/28/30)

So i brought the cables to work, to test with my laptop here. guzzidiag adapter test SUCCESS :O i say what?? i disconnect the 12V supply from the second cable, timeout. connect again, success. So it seems to work here, but WHY?

And i found out JUST before refreshing the page to see this thread! On my device mnager i see it as usb to serial CH341. So where -tf- is the driver? what have i done here? And i realise i have a driver to connect to my chinese arduino here, installed last week, and this is the driver that uses this usb thing also..... i am amazed.

I will test later tonight on the bike, to try and read the map. (i also have here the stock ecu outside of bike, just to see if i can find the pinout to read it off bike)

Mind that i also bought the usb adapter from ebay user that i found on forums that WORKED 100% :mad:. if i bought again, i d buy the one that is mentioned at guzzidiag site.

Oh if you want to try, i think this is the driver i use now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByipzPZpJtW9NVFEaVQtMnRKYzA/view?usp=sharing (use the installation exe)

there is a small chance i am also using this on this laptop: CDM v2.12.00 WHQL Certified. try it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.

Purchased from London Electronic Ltd

1 x GUZZIDIAG JPDIAG DUCATIDIAG KIT - INTERFACE + ADAPTOR (LEZBGUZKIT01) =
£16.66

3rd time lucky?

I used a stack of drivers and also bridged the connectors for PC and Mac without success with the 340 chip. See how I go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.