Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey brothers! Well last night was driving at nigjt and my low light bulb went out had to drive on high but was difficult to see the road, my question to you guys is should I replace it or get a hid kit and if so do u guys recommend some and from where you got them ?

Sent from my iPhone using Ducati.org Forum

·
Registered
47 Posts
Only go hid if ur going to do a projector retrofit the stock halogen projectors on the bike mill make the HIDs as usfull as driving with no lights on

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Ddm tuning makes a quality kit fairly cheap, Ives used them on a few bikes and every cage I drive. In my duc I have the Gotham ltd kit and I have 20k miles on them and I haven't had a single problem. Stock lights suck hids are better and a projector retrofit would be the better option but there is no kit you can buy. So you will have to be pretty comfortable with electrical and a little manufacturing skills as you will need to wire up and make a mount the projectors. Most of my riding is at dusk or after and the 55w hids have worked well enough I haven't felt the need to do the retro fit.

Also as a heads up the only difference between the low beam and high are the reflectors inside the headlight and both take the same bulb. So you could sacrifice the high beam bulb and put it in the low beam if it ever happens again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Take a look at your connector to the original bulb, like mine they have a tendency to melt causing no low beam.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Only go hid if ur going to do a projector retrofit the stock halogen projectors on the bike mill make the HIDs as usfull as driving with no lights on

hahah. yeah. sticking HIDs in your stock projectors will also give you AIDS and make you bankrupt.

or not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well I for one can say this is the case I put HIDs in my stock projectors and when I get on the very dark unlit roads around where I live I can't see at all with them had much better visibility with the stock bulbs

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well I for one can say this is the case I put HIDs in my stock projectors and when I get on the very dark unlit roads around where I live I can't see at all with them had much better visibility with the stock bulbs

Well clearly something was done incorrectly. I've installed HIDs in "several" 848/1098/1198 and I can assure you that there was a significant improvement in visibility and brightness. All with an excellent cutoff. Which manufacturer did you go with and what temperature rating...

And as far as DDM Tuning goes, their new stuff is no better than anyone else's. There stuff is now cheap BS. Back between 08-10, they had quality kits. Now, its just BS. TIFWIW but buyer beware.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts