Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is getting to me really quick, 20 minutes into the ride and my hands already numb.
Foam grips lessened it a little but it is still there.
How bad is yours and did you do anything to get rid of it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup. Also make sure that you have space ahead of your fingertips in your gloves.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/848/46228-bar-end-weights.html#post635702

One rider eliminated the vibration by using carbon fiber handlebars in the clip-ons.
Thanks Shazaam, took your advice and it definitely helped, I decided to melt and mold the lead instead to get as much of it in the bar I also recorded the vibration frequency before and after the weights and as you can see a major change in frequency and much less noticeable during the ride. currently around 1lbs per side but I may add more :)

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You guys must be white knuckleing it. My hands just lay gracefully on the controls all holding on is done with my legs. That said my bars exhibit almost zero vibs
Interesting you must have ordered the no handlebar vibration model from the factory. Seriously though I doubt anyone in this thread is/was white knuckleing it at least I know I didn't heck 80% of the time I am just riding with one hand.
It is common with this bike and visible enough to get mentioned in few magazines reviews of the 821.

http://www.bikesmedia.com/ducati-monster-821-review-ducati-new-blood.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah I ride GSXR 600 at 120 and nothing, 240 nothing. Come on the 821 is a vibration nightmare. I rode 400 km in one day can couldn't feel my hands. It is what is .... and translates into arm pump for me. I have found there are sweet spots, and having looser fitting gloves help and not cutting off circulation in wrists helps. Can I manage it, sure, do I grip hard at times sure, do they need to do something about it, YES.

In the end I'm just going to put some bar ends and hope it cuts in half. HOPE

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.