1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
79 Posts
So what the hell are you doing on here? GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rettags said:
So what the hell are you doing on here? GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, they have to put it together.

Trust me, if I can pick it up now, I would!!! It's just a great feeling that it is physically at the dealership and not on a boat.

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
ansman said:
[email protected][email protected]#!#@! Just got a call my baby is in!!!!!!!
Ducati Red 1098 (soon)
Ducati Red 998 (sold)
Honda Red/Black RC-51 (sold)
Honda Yellow/Black929 (sold)
Kawasaki Red Ninja ZX-7 (sold)
Kawasaki Green/Black Ninja ZX-6E (sold)

Now change the (soon) for your 1098 too ? Riding?
It has been bothering me very much that you have no bikes to ride.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Righteous fella! You'll have to drive that baby down to Alexandria and let me look at 'er. I have yet to see one in person! Congrats!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
suryad said:
Looks like everyone has a Ducati 1098...except for me....
I think the April shipment has arrived from Italy. If you are next, you should be getting yours between now and next week.

·
Registered
263 Posts
ansman said:
I think the April shipment has arrived from Italy. If you are next, you should be getting yours between now and next week.
I am next in line at my dealer. But he claims they just got one in last week. But he seems to think I will be getting mine in April.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Got mine yesterday.. I was riding all night :p

Got mine yesterday.. I was riding all night :p Love it, it's so much better than my 06 cbr1000rr.. the power is so user friendly and engine breaking is a breeze.. mind you I'm still running it in so no going over 6000rpm yet.. I'll tell you what, the new bike smell really stinks once the engine gets hot ;)

I have the standard and it's only stalled once for me in 200km. I'm guessing the engine is a little tight at the moment, I'll need to break her in slowly :D

The only things I'm not so happy about are the mirrors.. there completely useless. I might try putting them out another inch with some spacers!.

There also the seems to be a lot of heat coming out under the seat area which is burning my left thigh! Not looking forward to a hot summer with that !!

One other thing is the lights for night riding.. the coverage is poor, the beams are a little tight. I'll have a go at adjusting these over the weekend.

The brakes seem good.. not to harsh at all compared to my fireblade. Mind you I'm still bedding them in at the moment.

All in all this is without doubt the best bike I've ever ridden in my 15 years of motorbike riding.

For all you guys still waiting, don't loose your nerve.. It's well worth the wait !!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Diablo said:
Got mine yesterday.. I was riding all night :p Love it, it's so much better than my 06 cbr1000rr.. the power is so user friendly and engine breaking is a breeze.. mind you I'm still running it in so no going over 6000rpm yet.. I'll tell you what, the new bike smell really stinks once the engine gets hot ;)

<snip>
Congrants on your bike, ride it in good health. 6000rpm, yeah that is a myth :nerd:

G

·
boy I know that feeling my wait was nearly 5 mths it was agony the day I picked up my girl was sooo good the weeks that followed even better as we got to know each other. Congrats. enjoy. the 1098 moves the edge further away have fun finding it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Suryad, you and I are in the same sucky corner....I bought some new leathers today though! Still doesn't help the waiting though. Congrats ansman!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
mrhonest said:
Congrants on your bike, ride it in good health. 6000rpm, yeah that is a myth :nerd:
Yeah I know a lot of motorcycle companies are a bit too precious about there run it procedures. But all the same 6000 RPM is what they prescribe in the manual for the first 1000km :( then 7000RPM for the for a further 1500kms. not sure what that is for all you guys running miles ;)

But I have been a little naughty a few times :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts