Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HELP!!! Hard Clutch Pull!

I have a Ducati 1198 with about 11000 miles on it. The clutch started grabbing late and after a few bleeds and no results, I figured I need a new clutch pack.

I ended up getting a Barnett Clutch pack, Rizoma pressure plates and a new set of springs. I noticed the Rizoma pressure plates required a spacer.

I also put on a set of CRG shorties.

Once I changed everything out I noticed it was still grabbing late. I bled the slave then the master -and noticed pressure built in the lever.

I went out for a test ride and noticed that it was super-tough to pull the lever back for the shift. Functionally....the clutch seemed fine. The friction point was good. I topped off the master after the bleed and put the diaphram thingy in and let the extra fluid spill out onto a towel before screwing on the cap.

I hope this is normal because of the new spring and clutch. I have a STM slave....and the pull was a lot smoother/softer before the bleed, but the friction point was low.

Now the friction point is good....but the pull is harder.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

-"Ollie"

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Shortie levers have less mechanical advantage so they require more applied force to pull in the lever.

Longer springs having the same spring rate or springs having a higher spring rate require more force to pull in the lever.

Clutch plate stack height that exceeds the maximum allowable compresses the springs more and require more force to pull in the lever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the levers before the bleed....it was a softer/more pleasant pull until I bled it.

Should I put the stock springs back...or remove/add spacers??

Thanks!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts