Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Booked Museum and Factory Tour in Bologna on a Mon. FAQ says the Factory Store is closed on Mon. Ugh! Questions:

- Are there 2 different stores: Factory Store and a Factory "Outlet" Store?
- From Google map, there is a Ducati Factory Store on Via A. Cavalieri Ducati, 74/6, next to the round-about from the factory. Google has photo inside the store and it looks too nice (hint expensive) for an "Outlet" store.
- From the past posts on this forum, it sounds like the "Outlet" store is next to the cafeteria in an old factory building, so that doesn't match the fancy pictures on Google.

Can someone who has been to BLQ HQ please clarify?

If either store is closed on Mon, I'd like to go back on Tue without a tour. Not sure if I can do it with the "Outlet" store since it's "behind the gate" but perhaps the fancy store?

Very confused! :confused:

·
Registered
63 Posts
In 2010 only one store at the roundabout and address you listed. I showed my DOC membership card and got a discount on all purchases. It was during world Ducati week so not sure if that's all the time or not. I also got a free tour with my doc membership.

I don't remember any shop in the grounds of factory and museum. Check this virtual tour out and see if you see one. Again it was 2010 it's always changing I'm sure.

https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/?hl=it&ll=44.515558,11.269172&spn=0.006342,0.016512&sll=44.516016,11.268534&layer=c&cid=6574402782821617807&panoid=c_g2CAaF13UAAAAGOymtyw&cbp=13,36.2,,0,0&gl=IT&t=m&z=17&cbll=44.515963,11.268778

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
A very tiny store in the factory near where the tour starts and the other bigger store at the roundabout near the factory.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If either store is closed on Mon, I'd like to go back on Tue without a tour. Not sure if I can do it with the "Outlet" store since it's "behind the gate" but perhaps the fancy store?
Miglior consiglio che possiamo darvi è a volte parla un po' Italiano quando vi può aiutare con le richieste speciali -

... e sempre offrire una sigaretta :smoking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back from BLQ

Hello,

Answering my own post after my visit (July 2014) to Ducati Factory in Bologna. There are two stores for Ducati merchandise.

- Ducati Factory Store: Via A. Cavalieri Ducati, 74/6, next to the round-about right outside the factory. This store is very big, you can "walk" around the store on Google maps. It has new/current merchandise as well as an "outlet" section in the back of the store. The "outlet" has items in sale, ranging from 20% to 50% off. Mostly clothing like T-shirts and few jackets but some accessories as well. Many sizes for both men and women. Some kids clothing were 70% off. Opens Tue-Sat: 9am-1:30pm and 2:30pm-7pm. It's open to the public and you don't need to book any factory tour to get in (since it's not inside the factory grounds).

- Ducati Museum Bookshop: Next to the museum, inside the factory grounds. It's rather small, carrying a subset of what's in the Ducati Factory Store and nothing on sale. Opens Mon-Fri 9am-1:30pm and 2:30pm-6pm. Since you can't get pass the guarded gate until the time of your factory tour booking, this means you can only visit this store AFTER your factory tour.

So my advice is to book a factory tour Tue-Fri (not Mon) so you can both tour the factory and visit the Ducati Factory Store.

BTW, the factory tour was very interesting. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Just trying to reconcile your description with our visit there in May 2012. I reckon our tour was on a Monday, and we certainly accessed the shop inside the factory.
If you did the tour on a Mon, surely they would have had the shop open for you? I only remember one staff person.
My wife bought me a Dainese summer jacket, and we got a couple of T-shirts. A bit of a wait to get served due to the demand and the one staff person.
Maybe they've changed things since then. But why.?

:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pat1098, the museum shop is, indeed, open on Mon. Only one staff sounds right as the shop is small. Did you go to the Ducati Factory Store down the street at the round-about? That's the one that's closes on Mon. It's very big, at least 4-5 staff when I was there. You can see the inside of this store from Google maps on:
Ducati Factory Store Via A. Cavalieri Ducati, 74/6, Bologna, Italy.

This is the store that has discounted items.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts