Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have one of the "not so simple" high beam blocker plates. There's NO screw. SOOO I took apart my bike and have the headlight assembly in my hands. All the screws just keep turning(they have nylon bolts behind them I guess) and even a heat gun won't help seperate the two halves that are "glued" together with a rubbery glue. Any ideas?? Has anyone done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Not to knock your project but for the amount of extra light you get from removing the blocker, it's really not worth all the effort you're having to go through. I did this on my 848 as it had the screw in blocker and didn't make much of a difference.

·
Registered
369 Posts
You will get a bit more light but hardly useable. If you really want to just have a pair of headlight with blocker plates removed, your best bet would be to purchase a set of first gen headlight (clear plastic in the front between the two headlights instead of black plastic) and do the mod.

If not, with your current headlight you will have to separate the front of the headlight from the back, remove the projectors, and cut off the blockers on that particular model of headlight you have.

Ask me how i know ;)
http://www.ducati.org/forums/how-to...nih1-hid-projectors-into-your-1x98-848-a.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.