Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed my headlight not working as I was riding today so when I got home I thought I'll take the bulb out so I can get a new one in the morning. That's when I found this. The plug is more or less melted on one side, the other side has barely anything left. Is there a way to easily replace/fix this? And the blinker on that side doesn't work anymore either, I imagine there is a correlation . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
4,317 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for some reason I thought its going to be challenging to find a replacement but I was wrong. Pretty much any auto parts store carries those so I picked one up, soldered it on and its working again

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Good to hear you got it sorted.

As a general comment, if you've gone more than about 30,000 kms (18,500 mi) - or even less if you've done a lot of slow traffic - just have a check in your low-beam (RHS) bulb connector.

The originals cook about then. So far it would appear the replacement is as good or better than the original, as it's done over 40,000 kms. But I've been meaning to check it..

:D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about the high beam? Same concern/timeframe for replacement? Some folks do tend to run with it on all the time, I used to be one of them, should that one be replaced about the same time just as precaution?

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
I can't see the high-beam getting the continuous running which seems to be what settles the low-beam connector.

But it's probably worth replacing it at some stage - the replacement connector appears to be longer-lasting than the original.

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Ducati don't supply it as a separate part.
There's a lot of stuff they don't supply as an extra part.:rolleyes:

Bastards.:laughing:

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
There's a lot of stuff they don't supply as an extra part.:rolleyes:

Bastards.:laughing:
Yep! Try rebuilding the rear axle eccentric - it's not covered in the workshop manual! (Only an authorised dealer can replace bearings apparently).

And one of the bearings in the 1X98 rear axle is virtually unobtainable. Made specially to order for Ducati, who don't supply it as a spare, and only available through SKF (the bearing maker) as a batch of 25. And they're about $180 each from memory..

Yep. Barstools alright. Make nice bikes though..

:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts