Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's kind of subjective. I have an 1199 and it definitely gets roasty under there. Mine had heat wrap installed but I have since removed it because it wasn't done to my standards. I won't ride it for a while without the wrap because I have an electrical issue to resolve first.

·
Registered
457 Posts
It's a radiating heat from the rear manifold so shielding the tail wouldn't do much IMO. They got beefy heat shields but you still catch some heat. My bike's fairly new to me so I haven't been on many rides yet. If you're committing in parts of cities where there's lots of lights you're gonna feel it. I don't feel it while I'm moving.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
The heat is present but not overwhelming while in motion. Inner city riding and stop-in-go traffic can be toasty though.

Newer OEM heat shields are better than the originals covers. Heat exhaust wraps do cut done the high temperatures.

·
Registered
38 Posts
how true it is that the seat overheats to the point of being very uncomfortable?
I have the 1299S with the Akra system and smaller, yet effective heat shield. For me, the heat comes much more from the fairing vents that vent the heat from the motor. The exhaust itself seems to create no issues. However, I did send the pipes out to be ceramic coated internally only before the system was installed.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've been on a 999, 1198, 899, & 1299. All heat up under the seat to a point where it gets uncomfortable. Its part of the Ducati Charm.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Did a little over 100 miles on it today after I took the wrap off and I can't say I noticed a difference. I always ride in my 1-piece and the leather actually helps reduce the heat you feel from the bike. If I was in jeans it would've been worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts