Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 GT 1000 14K miles. Hasn't been started in over eight months. New battery fresh oil. Went for a ride all seemed fine. Next ride started off normal, then I hit some very heavy stop and go traffic (accident). After a few stop and goes I noticed the clutch lever seemed to get very stiff. At first I thought maybe some fatigue but quickly felt otherwise. The bike shifted fine just very difficult to pull in lever. Brought it home flushed the fluid with a fresh unopened bottle of dot four and no improvement. Compared to my Pani I would say it requires 3-4 times the force to pull in the lever.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
That is odd.

If the fluid didn't help, I'd check the master and slave cylinders to see if the pistons are stuck. I'd also check the clutch pack and pushrod for the same reasons. I'd also be looking for any damage.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response. I ordered a new Oberon slave from motowheels. Hopefully thats the fix, and the uprade can only be a good thing.. I'll remove the stock slave in the meantime and see what I can see ( if it's not glaringly obvious, well). And then move on to the clutch pack.
Again thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.