Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 848evo stealth from a friend of mine 2 months ago. Yesterday I was rear ended, ankle got caught under the shifter and I believe my foot is broke. Going to doctor when my girl gets home today. Thank goodness the other person had insurance. Bike doesn't look bad from a distance. Tail section got completely pushed up and cans crushed. But the sub frame pulled out from the frame so I'm thinking its a total loss. Hopefully adjuster comes out tomorrow....

I'm def wanting another duc...maybe bigger this time? I'm def keeping my TST tail light hahaha. I'm alive and my limbs intact. I can't complain too much.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Yesterday I was rear ended, ankle got caught under the shifter and I believe my foot is broke. Going to doctor when my girl gets home today.
Sounds like you should have jumped into an ambulance when the incident happened.

I wouldn't recommend going to a medical office; hospital care is probably your best bet.

The insurance company should take care of everything including your bike and medical bills.

Reactions: DucDucGoose24

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Sorry to hear. Check out a Streetfighter, the older 1098 based one... in many ways they're more fun than a Superbike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas. It was a friend that ran into the back of me and I wasn't trying to fuck him over. X-rays haven't shown any broken bones. Just a really swollen foot. I might not be able to get another sport bike for awhile. :(

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Thanks fellas. It was a friend that ran into the back of me and I wasn't trying to fuck him over. X-rays haven't shown any broken bones. Just a really swollen foot. I might not be able to get another sport bike for awhile. :(

X-rays only check for bones. Perhaps get an MRI as well. It could be a sprain or even torn ligaments.

That is a tough situation the fact that it's your friend. For the insurance and legality purposes I would of still gotten a police report.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It was a friend that ran into the back of me and I wasn't trying to fuck him over.
Sure, that's understandable..

Consider the insurance route though, that's why we have it and pay our premiums.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
X-rays only check for bones. Perhaps get an MRI as well. It could be a sprain or even torn ligaments.

That is a tough situation the fact that it's your friend. For the insurance and legality purposes I would of still gotten a police report.
You're right. Went to ER as well and a foot doctor but they're saying the same thing. Could be ligaments. We got a police report and he got a ticket for following too close. The cop was there within a minute. He was right around the corner..literally.
Sure, that's understandable..

Consider the insurance route though, that's why we have it and pay our premiums.
his insurance is covering everything, his agent is wonderful. Just waiting for them to come by and take a look at the bike. But I'm sure it's totaled. Might have a couple parts for sale here soon...we'll see how it goes. I miss my duc :(. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
His insurance is covering everything, his agent is wonderful. Just waiting for them to come by and take a look at the bike. But I'm sure it's totaled. Might have a couple parts for sale here soon...we'll see how it goes. I miss my duc :(. :cry: :cry: :cry:
That's great news, glad the insurance is taking care of everything.

Paying for the damages and medical bills yourself would be ridiculous.

I'm sure they'll repair your bike like brand new again or make good on the claim ;)

Reactions: DucDucGoose24
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.