Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up in SD from LA, had to keep her in a hotel room overnight. Pretty stoked to have a ducati.

I'm looking for a few parts to get her road worthy, headlight bulbs and mirrors / turn signals (original hopefully). Maybe some OEM mufflers too. Do you guys have any recommendations?

I work on other bikes too- mostly light fabrication work. Welding, machining that kind of thing. I have an old triumph 650 chopper that I've been building off and on for the last 2 years. That ones in my living room (second story apt).

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Dangerous territory that.. :eek:

If you are finding it too loud - presumably with the Termignonis - there were 'Db killers' supplied with them.

Any number of us will have a pair sitting around.

But be aware that the restrictors seriously affect the performance. You probably have an ECU fitted to suit the exhaust that is on it, and may need to change that if you go to a quieter system.

Between the dry clutch and the race exhaust they are a bit of an audio assault at first, depending on what you rode before. Just like the heat situation..

Not for the faint-hearted, these. Particularly if it's the R model, as it appears.

I would try getting used to the noise. That's your cheapest solution, and allows the bike to perform to the full.

That's what most of us do. Most police seem to accept that Ducatis are a bit loud. I've never been hassled for noise.

Just everything else..

:eek:

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
That looks better than anything I ever took into a hotel room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dangerous territory that.. :eek:

If you are finding it too loud - presumably with the Termignonis - there were 'Db killers' supplied with them.

Any number of us will have a pair sitting around.

But be aware that the restrictors seriously affect the performance. You probably have an ECU fitted to suit the exhaust that is on it, and may need to change that if you go to a quieter system.

Between the dry clutch and the race exhaust they are a bit of an audio assault at first, depending on what you rode before. Just like the heat situation..

Not for the faint-hearted, these. Particularly if it's the R model, as it appears.

I would try getting used to the noise. That's your cheapest solution, and allows the bike to perform to the full.

That's what most of us do. Most police seem to accept that Ducatis are a bit loud. I've never been hassled for noise.

Just everything else..

:eek:
Thanks for the ideas Pat. Actually it does have stock pipes, but they have wheelie rash on the tips.
I just want some nice stock ones for now- til I get a little more used to her.
I wonder if it was mapped to use Termignonis before I got it? Whats the usual way to check these things? Data analyzers?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.