Ducati.org forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first posting in here although I have been lurking for some months now. I bought a 2006 S2R 1000 in Dec. 05. Sold it in July 06 and bought an 07 BMW R1200S. I am now getting the itch of selling the beemer and getting a 1098. I am 5'7 165 lbs. How will I fit in a 1098? I can not find a dealer here where they would let me sit on a sold Duc. Can somebody post pics of them on the bike and let me know how tall and how much you weight? Also, is the stalling issue affecting majority of the 1098s? am thinking of getting a black one. Thanks.....

G

·
Not to burst your bubble, but unless you put down your deposit months ago, you won't see one until next year.

·
Registered
328 Posts
jun said:
This is my first posting in here although I have been lurking for some months now. I bought a 2006 S2R 1000 in Dec. 05. Sold it in July 06 and bought an 07 BMW R1200S. I am now getting the itch of selling the beemer and getting a 1098. I am 5'7 165 lbs. How will I fit in a 1098? I can not find a dealer here where they would let me sit on a sold Duc. Can somebody post pics of them on the bike and let me know how tall and how much you weight? Also, is the stalling issue affecting majority of the 1098s? am thinking of getting a black one. Thanks.....
I am 5'7" and 165 also. With the bike in neutral and my right foot on the brake I can stand flat footed on my left leg with a slight bend in it.

You will fit on the bike fine.

CAG

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm 5'8" and 145 lbs. When I'm riding the bike my arms are completely extended and my junk is pressed right up against the gas tank. I find the bike to be very uncomfortable but I would not trade it for the world. I figure that if I wanted a really comfortable bike I should have bought a Gold Wing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I do believe my dealer has one or two 1098s that have not been sold. Where are you located. As far as stalling I have not experienced the problem. If your in the market for a sportbike this is the one I would get...hey wait I already got it ....YEAH BABY

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TexasKid said:
Not to burst your bubble, but unless you put down your deposit months ago, you won't see one until next year.
This is fine as I am shooting for a 2008 model anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts