Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was riding my mountain bike in Santa Monica on the street called "Entrada" & "Almalfi" time was about 11am. I'm riding on the easment where its a shoulder for bike riders to ride and not be in a lane of traffic, Posted speed limit is 30mph, in this highly residential area

@ 11am a yellow Ducati owner with a white retro helmet and a redish t shirt on decided the car in front of him was going to slow and passed on the right and nearly clipped me. Was traffic dead stopped - NO" the car in front of him was going at a good pace above 40mph so my guess he wanted to pass that slower car and nearly slammed into me on the shoulder of the road I was riding on at the moment this took place. :kaioken: :mad::mad::mad:

So, I highly respect any 2 wheels on the road in traffic giving space etc and sharing the road etc but the dude on the Yellow Ducati, you need to find another means of riding as you're going to seriously hurt someone doing that stunt you did today. I know you're on this forum, I hope you understand the road is not a track and set a better example for fellow riders.

still have a lot of respect for people on 2 wheels but if you see riders like this tell them to chill as they put a lot of peoples life's in jeopardy.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
@ 11am a yellow Ducati owner with a white retro helmet and a redish t shirt on decided the car in front of him was going to slow and passed on the right and nearly clipped me. Was traffic dead stopped - NO" the car in front of him was going at a good pace above 40mph so my guess he wanted to pass that slower car and nearly slammed into me on the shoulder of the road I was riding on at the moment this took place. :kaioken: :mad::mad::mad:

Might have been in a hurry because defecation .. sh!t happens :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
Today I was riding my mountain bike in Santa Monica on the street called "Entrada" & "Almalfi" time was about 11am. I'm riding on the easment where its a shoulder for bike riders to ride and not be in a lane of traffic, Posted speed limit is 30mph, in this highly residential area

So, I highly respect any 2 wheels on the road in traffic giving space etc and sharing the road etc but the dude on the Yellow Ducati, you need to find another means of riding as you're going to seriously hurt someone doing that stunt you did today. I know you're on this forum, I hope you understand the road is not a track and set a better example for fellow riders.

still have a lot of respect for people on 2 wheels but if you see riders like this tell them to chill as they put a lot of peoples life's in jeopardy.
Some riders are just assholes!

On the other hand, when I lived in Cali, every Saturday in Pasadena, at the Rose bowl the cyclists would ride around the park and streets in large groups completely blocking traffic and making sure no one would pass. Many of the students had classes on Saturday morning so we would make sure to leave extra early to alot for the time behind the cyclists. Now if your late and your in a rush you would try to pass the cyclists who made sure that you stayed behind them by either blocking you or by kicking the side of your car. I and many others would have loved to run them over. Not only did they think they owned the road, they refused to share it and they bullied you if you didn't agree with them, the worse part is, they did in those really gay lycra shorts! Anyways one Saturday another student a couple of cars ahead of me had had enough, he slowly got up beside the cyclists and threw a bunch of fire crackers! All the cyclists went down like domino's. It blocked traffic for a good 20 minutes, as the cyclists were all crying and moaning in there colorful gay apparel! I got out of my truck and had a cigarette while they collected themselves and picked up there little cycles. I laughed and laughed, and laughed.

Im not sure if there was a point to this story, but I still laugh when I think about it. Sigh...................good times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Although I'm sure this is troll bait I'll jump in anyway.

Every Saturday and Sunday for at least the last 5 years of riding SoCal the "Iidiocy and Arrogance" trophy goes to and without fail (time and time and time again) the bicyclist. I've got a series of GoPro stuff dealing with the over privileged that someday (when I'm not so tired) I'll string together and post.

Just because I have a Yellow Ducati and often ride in Santa Monica doesn't mean it was me......necessarily. That was probably some other guy just tryin to use his lane legally and do the speed limit without having to deal with some yoga pants, over privileged yuk-up hogging the lane at 12 mph.

·
Registered
20,816 Posts

Every Saturday and Sunday for at least the last 5 years of riding SoCal the "Iidiocy and Arrogance" trophy goes to and without fail (time and time and time again) the bicyclist. I've got a series of GoPro stuff dealing with the over privileged that someday (when I'm not so tired) I'll string together and post.

Just because I have a Yellow Ducati and often ride in Santa Monica doesn't mean it was me......necessarily. That was probably some other guy just tryin to use his lane legally and do the speed limit without having to deal with some yoga pants, over privileged yuk-up hogging the lane at 12 mph.
I'm pretty sure you have the only yellow Ducati in Cali! I've never ever heard of Ducati selling more then one yellow one per state!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

On the other hand, when I lived in Cali, every Saturday in Pasadena, at the Rose bowl the cyclists would ride around the park and streets in large groups completely blocking traffic and making sure no one would pass. Many of the students had classes on Saturday morning so we would make sure to leave extra early to alot for the time behind the cyclists. Now if your late and your in a rush you would try to pass the cyclists who made sure that you stayed behind them by either blocking you or by kicking the side of your car. I and many others would have loved to run them over. Not only did they think they owned the road, they refused to share it and they bullied you if you didn't agree with them, the worse part is, they did in those really gay lycra shorts! Anyways one Saturday another student a couple of cars ahead of me had had enough, he slowly got up beside the cyclists and threw a bunch of fire crackers! All the cyclists went down like domino's. It blocked traffic for a good 20 minutes, as the cyclists were all crying and moaning in there colorful gay apparel! I got out of my truck and had a cigarette while they collected themselves and picked up there little cycles. I laughed and laughed, and laughed.

Im not sure if there was a point to this story, but I still laugh when I think about it. Sigh...................good times.

Thank's for not taking my reply as a troll, I'm completely with you as well and I have been an oponet of how cyclist do not respect the rules of the roads and they should be classified/and treated as a motorcycle meaning with a plate and a simple DMV test, like what is a stop sign and how to you signal and cross a busy street etc. Just my case the guy on the MC should have known better and passing on the right side of a shoulder in a residental area would have ended him self up in the Hospital had there been a parked work truck in the spot he decided on passing. I guess everyone is a FIA Moto GP super hero.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have had my shouting matches with cyclist to the point where sheirff's and CHP were called in etc. I respect MC riders 10000% cyclist as well but it is what it is.

·
Registered
555 Posts

Point or not, That IS a great story, dale. Im gonna start carrying a bag of firecrackers.
But do you really think my spandies are gay? They're not SUPER gay? Is it the color?
I always thought it was because you have a bunch of guys riding really close behind each other with their heads down at ass level. I just don't see when thats gonna get fun.. is it me?

We mountain bikers call em roadies. And we're not allowed to make fun of them.... I mean you don't make fun of Jerry's Kids, do you.. its just bad forum

·
Registered
20,816 Posts
Point or not, That IS a great story, dale. Im gonna start carrying a bag of firecrackers.
But do you really think my spandies are gay? They're not SUPER gay? Is it the color?
I always thought it was because you have a bunch of guys riding really close behind each other with their heads down at ass level. I just don't see when thats gonna get fun.. is it me?

We mountain bikers call em roadies. And we're not allowed to make fun of them.... I mean you don't make fun of Jerry's Kids, do you.. its just bad forum
well to be honest I wear spandies under my leathers, I like the extra cushion as the 1098 seat is just a piece of cardboard, and I have boney ass.:( I think if its just one guy wearing them it's ok but if I phrase it like this: hey did you see the pack of skinny guys pedaling around in a pack in there matching tights..............sounds kinda gay!

Hey Ducktard! Whats better then winning gold in the special olympics?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.