Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to the forum !!!!! :D
Mine 1098 in may !!! :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great news: it seems the bike is delivered, so may be i will get it next week. :) :) :)
I added a order for a higer shield, two pieces made clutch and brake levers and a full termignoni exhaust (70 mm. diameter) :drummer: :guitarist :ahhh: ;)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
But are you guys talking about the 1098R, 1098s, or 1098...only ???

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
Alferdo - I'm pretty sure it's just the 1098 base.
These posts start mid January 2007 and the last one was early Februaury 2007.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
OOOOPSS!!! Sorry Brett, you are absolutely right....BTW I absolutely love your Montesa Cota; many years ago I owned one of those and a Bultaco...do you know that one?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Alfredo, do you mean the Sherpa? It was the star of the trials world in the late 70's and early 80's...beautiful machine!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ciao Frank, no I am not so sure but the Bultaco I was referring to...if I remeber correctly... was called "pursang"; it was a motocross machine as opposed to a trial. I was in love with all that Spanish (I think) production. I used to have a passion for motocross and I owned bikes like the Husqvarna, Aspes, KTM, DKW, Montesa and Bultaco....but that was such a long time ago that I probably am forgetting about other rides.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm sure it was a Pursang then Alfredo, I had two too. The first one I had was the Pursang MK 9 and I won the Spanish Junior Nationals on it, then I had an MK10, and later a Montesa Cappra VF (remember that one?). Those were the pumped forearms years when we still didn't have single rear shocks, upside down forks, water-cooling, or disc brakes and bottoming out on most jumps was the usual, with frequent trips afterwards to the dentist. :) The horsepower kings in our races though were the OSSA Phantoms, but their engines usually seized up at some point during the motos. Spain was building great MX, Enduro, and Trials machines during that period!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
You had two Pursangs??? and you won the Spanish National!! I am impressed Frank. The OSSA; I remember that super great bike as well. I have to say that in the motocross specialty the Italians where not as good as the Spanish, the Austrian or the Germans...in fact I think we pretty much sucked at all off road specialties.
Well, actually nowadays we still are not doing anything if it wasn't for the fact that we purchased the Huskvarna from the Swedish. I guess we better stick to the street bikes!!!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Merry Christmas to you an family Frank and have fun during teh new years eve parties there in Italy. I am sure you will have a lot of fun there...till 5 or 6 am.... We will be asleep around 12:am here :(

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
No Frank, I frankly don't remeber the Sherpa...the name vaguely rings the bell...but i cannot picture the bike itself...

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Frank, a te ed a tutti gli Italiani: BUON NATALE e felice anno nuovo (dopo un bel paio di bicchieri di crema di limoncello!!!!). Ciao Ragazzi!!!! In gamba! Ci vediamo dopo il 15 di Aprile 2008. Baci ed abbracci a tutti!!! torno al mio limoncello e alla crema di fragolino!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Buon anno a tutti con la speranza che Borgo Panigale, con il nuovo anno, si sia ripromesso di consegnare tutte le Desmosedici prima della fine di Gennaio. Buon Anno anche a te DEL TORCHIO!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Aooooooo!!!!! Ma dove stanno sti Italiani???? minchia! noi facciamo la moto ma definitivamente non ve vogliamo parlare.....oppure cosa succede???dove siete???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts