Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum and wanted to say Hello.

This is my third bike but my first Ducati. My last motorcycle was a BMW R1100RSL that I had for 15 years - great bike, lots of torque, but a relatively large bike. I sold it about 4 years ago and recently decided I needed to get back on two wheels again. I've always wanted a Ducati Monster and when they released the 821 it seemed like just the bike for me.

I only have 300 miles on it so far and I'm still getting used to it, but I love the looks, the power and the handling. It's a lot more visceral compared to my old Beemer. (A guy at work said I'm doing it backwards - I should have bought the Ducati when I was younger and the Beemer when older.)

I'll be interested in reading about the different mods out there. I'm thinking of a bar riser, maybe a new bar, adjustable levers and who knows what else...

I did install a set of Evotech frame sliders right away and got some assistance from ChasT with some questions I had. (Thanks Charles). Unfortunately, I have already tested them out... my driveway is gravel and like a novice I grabbed too much front brake as I was slowing for my garage - the bike slid and went down on the right side. The sliders did exactly what they were supposed to do - the bike landed on the slider and the only other thing that touched was the corner of the side mirror - not the exhaust, the radiator, or the tank. Whew... That mod already paid for itself!

I look forward to participating on this forum.

Paul

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice bike. I'm in Raleigh, so maybe we can meet up sometime and race on interstate 40. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somebody asked me today if I was going to take it to VIR. LOL.

First, I need to break it in, and second I need to get many miles under me before I take it on a track! Although interstate 40 may as well be a racetrack - people drive crazy on that road!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Wake Forest and spend most of my time on the back roads north of town. I avoid the freeways as much as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts