Ducati.org forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the new Arai Helmet in "Racing Red". Bad match for the 1098, more of a fire engine red, darker than the 1098 color.

Anyone know what helmet is the best color match? Just looking for a solid lid and I'm hoping I won't have to spring for custom paint.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I was looking at the Icon "battlecry" in blk/red,
Should look sweet with the black 1098!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts

I have the Ducati Performance helmet and it matched great with my 999. Highly recommend spending the money. Though the 2007 Ducati Extreme Corse Helmet is sick.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Fresno said:
Just saw the new Arai Helmet in "Racing Red". Bad match for the 1098, more of a fire engine red, darker than the 1098 color.

Anyone know what helmet is the best color match? Just looking for a solid lid and I'm hoping I won't have to spring for custom paint.
Fresno did you compare them side by side or just looking at a picture of the helmet?

My Race Red Arai Profile was delivered to me last night. It is pretty close to the same color as the red 1098.( Now i haven't actually compared it side by side to the bike, but IMO it is pretty close, close enough for me.) if it turns out to be 1 or 2 shades off, no biggie.

The picture makes it look darker than it is. I will post pics tonight when i get home. Its a great helmet. Gorgeous color and great features

I got it at the helmet harbor http://www.helmetharbor.com/Products/ProductDetails.cfm/Search/Results/ProductID/471280 for $ 437 free shipping. This seems to be hard to find in race red, as i only saw 2 other places online that had these. the dealers wanted close to $500.

But if you want a helmet to be a perfect match then you need a custom paint job.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Are you serious?? You are going to buy a helmet just so it will match your bike?!

:silly: :crazyeyes

Jason

·
Registered
152 Posts
That's my choice for my RED 1098 :D

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought the Drudi Ducati RX7RR limited edition out of the catalogue and its wonderful !! Looks great and I have always been a big RX7 fan anyway

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
slob said:
I've had a red helmet for years, I'm finally getting a bike to match.
Now that I like! :yo:

Jason

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thats mine...

I bought this one... not because of the bike ... but it also fits the Black 1098 IMO...

I personaly don't like single paint helmets.... A helmet needs to show something... its like a bike...

·
Registered
152 Posts
:yo:
Germany said:
I bought this one... not because of the bike ... but it also fits the Black 1098 IMO...

I personaly don't like single paint helmets.... A helmet needs to show something... its like a bike...

I personaly don't like single paint helmets.... A helmet needs to show something... Agreed !!!!!!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Heck yeah! But what about yellow?

Visitor Q said:
Are you serious?? You are going to buy a helmet just so it will match your bike?!

:silly: :crazyeyes

Jason
Says you! :) I'm getting a yellow bike and all my stuff has red or silver (along with black) in it. I don't want to look like a ketchup/mustard accident, so a new helmet is most definitely in my future. Basic black works too, but I think I want something a little more interesting to go with my yellow Duc.

Anyone got any suggestions on cool, high quality yellow helmet for the 1098?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a helmet that matches the 1098 perfectly.

It is a solid red by KBC and is the exact 1098 shade of red. I had never had a KBC before and was skeptical because it was less than $200 (how could it be any good for that price). Well, I was at Cycle Gear and when I went to check out found out it had been marked down to $44 !!!!

Now, I'm really skeptical. But at that price it would be a good spare. Today about 3 hours of riding and I love it. Fits great, finish excellent. The visor system looks to be identical to the Shoei I have.

Very quiet, much better than my Arai. 20K bike, $44 helmet, go figure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
bling bling helmets

Don't trust your melon to pieces of garbage helmets like ICON, Do some research and buy a helmet that actually will save your life ( Arai,Shoei,Suomy,etc.) If you can afford a Duc, you should be able to afford proper protection no matter what color!

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Ask 5 time AMA Super Bike champ Matt Maladen. KBC is his brand.
I have always wore CF, kevlare Bell @ over $300 a pop. Now Bell is $hit
I now have a yellow HJC cl-15 Orbit that fits and looks great with my 998!
Fresno, what model KBC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KBC TK-8 I'm not sure of the color designation. The sonic red they show on the web seems too dark, but it may be my monitor.

It is SNELL and DOT approved, of course. I also like the KBC gel sticker on the front. I like it because it took 2 seconds to remove and left no residue. Beats the hell out of my Arai with no less than 3 large label on it, under a layer of clear coat.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
VitoTriCo said:
Don't trust your melon to pieces of garbage helmets like ICON, Do some research and buy a helmet that actually will save your life ( Arai,Shoei,Suomy,etc.) If you can afford a Duc, you should be able to afford proper protection no matter what color!
Um, Vito, i hate to burst your bubble but you might want to read this,http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/. You also might want to look up RIDE MAGAZINE's May 2005 helmet test. More money does NOT mean better protection, in fact (yes it's now a proven fact) the harder shells on the pricier models transfer more energy to your head, i.e. higher G's,(if i remember correctly Arai threatened to sue one of the bike mags outta this). Don't get me wrong, I wear a Shoei and have owned Arai helmets, And again if i recall the testers stated that even though the harder shelled helmets transfered more G-forces, they would hold up better on a double impact and/or at race speeds. As for me... I like the pretty lions on the Icon! :silly:

·
Banned
9,495 Posts
Ten_6,
I just looked that up to link it, what a great review.
Saved me a lot of $.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts